Chapter 49

I woke up from my sleep and slowly opened my eyes, then scanned the room briefly before gently rubbing my eyes. Or at least I thought I was gently rubbing it until I saw black dots litter my vision.
I sat up in my bed as I looked at the clock and stretched. It was at 2 pm. I actually slept for nearly 14 hours. My stomach protested as the thought of missing meals we're brought back to mind. But then, I'd have to interact with my family --I tuned in to their conversation downstairs-- and whoever else was invited. I sighed and got ready, knowing I'd have to go down eventually.
I telekinetically locked the door as I went on through the whole procedure. I didn't bother to look at the reflection as I gathered a change of clothes. I hauled on a long-sleeved off-shoulder blouse and a pair of customized jeans. I put my hair in a high ponytail and a pair of slides. I walked out of the closet and up to my bureau. I started at the selenite necklace that laid there, deciding if I should wear it or not. Maybe-

Knock knock!

Knowing it was Bella, I telekinetically unlocked the door and she entered promptly.

"Z, where are- oh." she smiled at me and I gave a half-smile.

She then walked up to me and engulfed me in a well-needed hug. I didn't know if it was for a minute or five, I just knew that I felt empty and knew I needed it. And that I felt a bit less empty when we let go.

"You look pretty, " she motioned at my attire with another smile. I'll give her props for trying.

"Thanks," I mumbled and sat on the bed.

"umm, " She sat next to me. "Dinner's already cooked. It's your favourite-"

"Did you tell them?" I cut to chase. I knew they wanted to talk to me. My mom, more specifically. I take it, they read their notes -I glanced over to the study table- yep. Nothing there.

"I- no. I didn't feel like it was my place to do so. Plus there were blood stains and a trail. Deja and your dad stayed up until 5 am to get the most out of it, th"

I blacked out for a while. I stopped breathing. I felt completely still. I heard the sound of her voice, but not the actual words. I couldn't respond. I felt paralyzed to say at the least. I felt Bella beginning to shake me and get a bit frantic. It wasn't until a couple of seconds more, I blinked and gripped Bella's hand back.

"Oh, my God. What happened? You look like you just saw a ghost!" she attempted to keep her voice low while still in panic mode. She kept glancing at the door.

"Oh, I just. I blanked out for a while. It happens occasionally. Don't worry." I mumbled and breathed out before standing up. "Let's go downstairs."

I walked ahead of her but only made it to the door before she gently pulled me back. She took each arm and rolled up the sleeves to assess the progress of past damage. Only to see there's barely any sign of damage left. About 85% of my scars and cuts have faded and healed.

"If you don't feel like going downstairs, " she rolled down the sleeves then looked me in the eyes, "we can just go for a walk."

I took a moment to assess the proposal. I'd so love to just take a walk. I'd like to take in that nice air and sun soaking in my skin. To possibly see if I can reconnect with nature, but I don't think I can. I declined.

" Let's just go down. Maybe I'll consider afterwards. " I took notice of the slight soreness in my throat as I put a hand to it. She took notice and gently squeezed my hand. "Honestly, how do you not hate me?"

"I don't know. Maybe because Love is a damn crazy thing." She shrugged, trying to lighten the mood.

My eyes probably did the smiling cause my mouth surely did not.