Chapter 31

I finished explaining my new life to my mom and dad at 1 am. Don't know how she kept herself up and aware until such a time. I was just glad I finished explaining it when I did. She asked so many questions in between that made me wanna facepalm myself multiple times. All I know is that she's gonna need some days to process this.

I walked back into my room hoping to see Bella sleeping. But I didn't.

Instead, I smelled iron from the bathroom.
I walked over and tried the knob, but it was locked from the inside. I tried again but to no avail.

"Bella?" Nothing. "Bella!" Oh no. "Bella! Open the door! Open the fucking door! Don't do this!"

By now my parents ran into the room asking what was going on but I was more concerned about opening the door. I started to ram against the door. After 5 tries, the door gave in. And I stepped inside.

The shower was still running, and there was a pale body. Barely breathing.

"Oh my..."

Blood was trickling slowly from both of Bella's arms.

I saw the razors used and flushed them down the toilet. Then I turned off the pipe before taking her out the tub. And sat on the ground of the bathroom floor with her, not knowing what to say or how to feel.
Thankfully, my mom took up that role.
My dad called the ambulance and they came in minutes.
They were taking too slow just to put her on the gurney once we were downstairs.

"If you don't move up she's gonna bleed to death." I began to get angry.

I guess the tone of my voice got them going more.

I didn't have the motive to get in the same vehicle with those procrastinators, so I stayed back while my parents went with Bella.

I ran a hand through my hair, thinking about what could've triggered it. Then a phone rang. Bella's phone. I sprinted upstairs and answered the caller that was her mom.

"Hello?"

"C-can you please p-ut Bella on. Uh, on the ph- phone?"

Why is she stuttering?

"She's gone to the hospital, I'm afraid I can't do that-"

"Oh, no. Oh no no no no no." Crying began on her end of the line. Something happened.

"Ms. Thorne, what's wrong?"

Crying continued until she said: the babies are dead. Then she sobbed more. "I'm going to see Bella."

I froze for a while. "O-okay. Bye." I closed the call almost immediately.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone murdered those twins.

I was about to put down the phone when something on it caught my eye. Several unread messages. They were all from her stepfather. He was slut-shaming her all evening. Saying things that would bring down Bella's self-esteem. Then the ones that were still unread was him blaming her for "his children's" death. Threatening to assault her again if the babies didn't revive.
And I was having enough of it.

I set down the phone before I could try to crush it and walked into the bathroom.
With powerful force, I shattered the first mirror I saw with my fist and a scream.
I thrashed stuff about in my clothes closet. I even stomped down the door I rammed into some more. He's gonna be dead meat when I see him. Trust me.

I called Shawn and told him about the situation. He cooperated. He knew better than to push my buttons further. I'll just say, I'm glad that the plan can commence as early as tomorrow evening. The way I feel right now is indescribable. I should pay a little visit to their household right now, but I'll hold my peace for as long as I can. Cause if I don't, I'll shred someone to pieces. And I don't need to hear another report like that right now.