Chapter 10

I woke up early the following morning. My stomach was killing me, and when I looked in the mirror, I  jumped.
I looked terrible. My eyes were green, my hair was all about the place looking frizzy and I looked pale. As in next to snow white.
After a while, I felt nauseous and ran into the bathroom throwing up in the toilet. It felt like forever till I finally stopped vomiting. It smelled like something rotting and I didn't even want to look at it but the minute I opened my eyes I saw it— It was black and brown.. not gonna describe it any further. I looked away before I could gag again and flushed the toilet, then washed out my mouth with Listerine before heading back to my room.

The time read 2:40 am. Why was I up this early?
I sat back on my bed because I wasn't tired but I wasn't energized either. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and started scrolling through my instafeed then the notifications. Some comments were of haters and criticizers of course but others were fans and people who don't really know. A comment caught my eye "I'm not criticizing or anything. but does anyone else thinks that she's been acting a bit weird and self-centered lately?" a few decided to reply but I just came out of IG and placed it on the nightstand. I laid down pulling the covers over me and close my eyes. Hoping I'd fall asleep.

I woke up again at 6:30 am turning off the alarm and climbed out of the bed. I was going into the bathroom but ran out because I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up because it was my dad. I was ecstatic, yet pissed, but I answered.

"Hey, dad"

"Hey, pumpkin. Did I wake you up?"

"Nah, I got up before you called."

"Ohk. So how are you?"

"Not sure. I wasn't feeling well a Couple hours ago resulting in me having to get up and throw up."

"Oh. Are you sick?"

"I don't really know... weird things have been happening lately."

"Oh, well we'll see to that when we get home ok?"

"OK, Well I gotta go now. love y'all"

"We love you too, pumpkin."

"OK. bye."

"Bye"

When he said that I heard my mom saying how she misses me in the background. I huffed as I ended the call and made my way back to the bathroom. I did the morning preparation routine and it wasn't till I was completely done, I surveyed the way I looked in my full body mirror. I wasn't as pale as before, my eyes were still green but not dark green almost a yellow-green but more green than yellow. I don't have contacts so I'd just wear sunglasses. I looked a bit more in shape. I don't know what's going on but I kinda like it. I went into my closet and randomly pulled out two dresses and randomly selected one of 'em(pic above). After that, I went downstairs trying to wake up Trevor. On the way down I felt like I was going a bit faster than usual, but I pushed that aside when it felt like someone pinned me to the wall. I didn't have to look to know that it was Trevor.

"Good morning."

"Good morning" I slightly giggled.

I was about to kiss him but the doorbell rang. I moved away from him and heard a slight growl escape my lips. I don't know why that just happens.

As I opened the door Bella came in.

"Good Morning."

"Good morning," I didn't really wanna talk to her but I can tell she had something on her mind and she wanted someone to talk to.

"Could I talk to-"

"Sure."

"But in your-"

"Yeah, ok."

We went up to my room and she started talking but when she sat down she did so slowly and an expression of pain on her face.

"Are you ok? You look constipated."

she hung her head a bit.

"Bella, what happened??"

"I'm Ok."

she tried smiling only for it to disappear.

"Are you wearing contacts?"

"Don't worry bout it, don't try to change the topic."

"My stepdad.."

"What'd he do?!"

She lifted up her blouse a bit. All I saw was a large bruise.

"He beat you up," I said it more like a cold statement than a question.

"Yeah. He was gonna, Uh.. rape me, but I put up a bit of a fight with him and pushed him away. He got mad and as you can see, this is what happened."

She held back her tears and I felt sorry for her. I gently hugged her then let her go when I thought I heard someone by my room door. We pulled away and Bella slowly pulled her blouse back down.

"I'll be right back."

I made my way downstairs to get something but I bumped into Trevor.

"What was going on? Is Bella ok?"

"Yeah, she's just in a lot of pain."

"Oh, well-"

"You can go and get ready for school y'know?"

"Oh, Yeah. I'll see you at school then."

Surprisingly he kissed me before going. I felt a warm feeling inside me but it went away as quickly and it came. Does he think I forgot what he used to do to me before we agreed to become friends? Hah, no way pal. Just you wait.

I went back upstairs where she sat waiting.

"uh, so do you want to go to school or-"

"I'll go. I don't wanna miss another day." She sighed

I mumbled an 'OK if that's what you want', we got our bags and went downstairs, through the door and locked it.

I didn't feel like driving so we went to the bus stop. Which just happened to arrive in a couple seconds. We entered and sat at the third seat to the front. Bella laid her head on my lap almost immediately after I sat beside her. I slightly stroked her hair to bring some sort of ease to her all while observing it. Her hair was waist length but she liked having it curled so it was currently mid-back. I'd like it if she didn't curl it, but I'm not gonna control what she does. On the other hand, It felt so nice and also smelt good. I moved my hand realizing that I was stroking it a bit too much. I didn't want it to seem like I was perverted or whatever.
The driver stopped the bus again but we were at Kenton's house. I felt a growl wanting to emerge from inside but I held it in; well, at least until he stepped a foot out his house followed by two of his friends. When he stepped in his eyes immediately landed on mine. This guy is already planning to piss me off.

Ok, that's it for this chapter. I'm currently typing another chapter so it might be uploaded later on tonight or later on this week. #haveagoodnight