Chapter 39

5 weeks later
"Ok, awesome work everyone, let's get working on the next set!"

Cue to change clothes for the next shoot. I dropped my smile the moment I stepped into my changing room. I took the couple seconds I had to quickly haul on my next suit of clothes, cause a couple of seconds later the tailors and seamstresses entered to rush me out to make little alterations to the dress. Then I stepped onto the platform for the shoot.

I hate having to smile so much. Yet they ask me to get a few more shots with smiles.

"Ah, yes! Perfect! And white teeth! Girl how are you so perfect?!" The director asked.

I forced a chuckle and they took the shots. Until I just arrived at a point where the tons of smiling literally hurt. It began to feel unbearable. My mouth felt like it was trembling.

"And we are DONE. Nice work today everyone, let's give it up for Zendaya!"

They all cheered and clapped. I just whooped and clapped along, then hurried off to my changing room and locked it, laying down on the sofa. I ignored movement in my stomach and tried to omit the positivity left in my mind to proceed with my day. The moment I sat up a knock sounded at my door and I sounded a loud groan before shouting: " I'm changing my clothes!" I put on my contact lenses and quickly changed into the clothes I had arrived in. I waited a few seconds before unlocking the door and saw no one. Until I looked on the ground to see a bouquet of flowers. And an array of chocolates.

"Really?" I shot a glare down the hall at the nerd walking away. He looked back occasionally then I realized I could use him. "Hey! Wait, get over here," I yelled and he abruptly stopped, then strode towards me. "Can I have your name? And number." I grinned lightly. Fool.

~~~~~ + ~~~~~

"ok, have a seat."

I sat on the familiar couch of the therapist's office.

"Oh! Wait. These are for you." I retrieved the flowers and chocolates from the door and handed them to her.

"Oh! This is so nice! Thank you, so so much. I really needed something sugary in my system, like, how'd ya know?" She put the flowers in a vase and immediately ate a Lindor chocolate truffle.

I quirked a brow. So if she ever got on my bad side I could easily poison her chocolate... I wanted something more challenging.

"So, how have you been feeling? What's new hun?"

I shrugged and closed my eyes.

"same old. Today was exhausting. Draining even. " I didn't wanna talk about it, but I knew she'd try to get it out of me anyway. So I'll just freak her out a bit.

"Oh, can you elaborate?"

" It's self-explanatory. It's just been that for a year now."

"oh, have you been feeling somewhat numb too?" She leaned in a bit.

I nodded not even bothering to get into it.

"Oh, how about sudden bursts of emotions?"

"A burst of anger or sexual desires, Yeah," I smirked.

She furrowed her brows and wrote down the last sentence. That surely caught her attention. A few seconds later she looked at my stomach and asked a question I knew she wanted to for a while.

"Have you been active, in that manner... or have a partner."

"Yes."

" Okay, out of genuine care do you protect yourself?"