Chapter 54

Remember me by Zendaya seriously started playing when I'm imagining Z in this chapter. After rockin' around the Christmas tree, of course.

Christmas songs practically blasted through my house once the girls got settled in. It's now Christmas Day—well, night— and if it weren't for them, my house in terms of decor would look... bare, basically. Everyone had already visited their families and got their spirits up before they got here. I wish I could've done that, But I don't think I'm ready to go there. If I visit, they're gonna be the La-

"Of course you're up here. We're opening presents in 10! Come down!" Bella excitedly squealed And was about to run off when she noticed the neatly sealed envelopes. "Z... what are those for?"

"They're letters I wrote for some fans." I quirked my brows at her.

"Oh." She shoved her hands into her pockets, "I'm sorry, I just... don't wanna lose-"

"B, don't worry." I smiled but my eyes flickered at my bureau. "That's not gonna happen."

I got up and embraced her in a LONG reassuring hug. I rocked her back and forth for the duration while rubbing her back. She's getting clues that I don't want her to get. I don't want her to be sad or anything. I just want her to be present and enjoy this day.

"You can go ahead. I'll be down in a few minutes." I smiled and poked her cheek.

She looked back at the stack of letters before looking at me. I raised a brow and she caved. She nodded then traveled back down the stairs. I locked my room door and checked my email drafts. One for each of the members of Fifth Harmony and my parents. Though I had written letters for them too. Ok ok, stop. The more I think about it, the more I'll want to not do it.

I quickly stocked my letters aside (in a compartment Bella wouldn't look in) and closed down my computer. Checking myself in the mirror, I did my smile and checked that my hair and clothing were alright. Once that was done, I closed my room and headed downstairs. The music volume decreased as they gathered around the Christmas tree to get the presents.

"Just for the info, guys, I'll be going last; so knock yourselves out." I laid back on the couch.

"I'm going first bitch!" Dani pushed herself under the tree.

Hunter took her opportunity to take a picture of the scene with her Polaroid. We laughed and Dani came out from the tree with a scowl.

"Ok, so before I give you a wedgie without touching you, the first gift goes to... ME." She got excited immediately.

I spaced out after that. I smiled occasionally when I faintly heard laughter. Until I just got too tired of smiling.. then I laid my head back. I'm just gonna nap. Then I'll wake up before Bella opens her- no that doesn't make any sense. Better to just stay up.
I glanced over to storm. How do her parents just allow her to be wherever? I furrowed my brows momentarily before looking back at the Christmas tree. I don't know how much time has passed but it seems like 89% of the presents had been unraveled and Bella was left to open hers. Dani gave her the large one first and Bella shook it. It barely made a noise so she glared at Dani before tearing it open.

I propped my elbows on my knees and rested my chin on my palm. Just waiting to see what will be revealed. Not a minute later she awwed. She looked at the tag on the outside again, then hugged Dani. I don't know HOW, but Dani fit 20 articles of clothing for Bella and her unborn child in there. Cause as Bella pulled one out, the rest just came gushing out.
She pulled a few out to survey before embracing Dani in a hug. 

"ok, before you open that, come on over Zen." 

Bella frowned as the item was taken away. They giggled at her cuteness whereas I was trying to will myself to get up. Do I HAVE TO open my stuff in front of everyone else? can't she just pick someone else?