Epilogue

3 years later...

The door swings open, and the bell rings.

I've just started opening up, cleaning the tables and restocking the shelves. This is my life now, my simple, quiet routine of running my little cafe. I wasn't expecting any customers this early.

'Hi, sorry are you open?' A bright voice asks, a friendly smile accompanying it.

'We are! What can I get you,' I smile back at the brunette. She wears a plaid shirt and cuffed loose jeans, her curly hair reaches her shoulders.

'I'll get a Mocha Latte please,' she inspects the pastries on display.

'I'll get that right away,' I nod, whizzing around the kitchen. 'So what brings you in so early?'

'Ohh I was just dropping off some produce from the farm, and I've been meaning to check out this place so I thought I'd just pop in,' She looks around at all the little trinkets I have decorating the store as I work the coffee machine. 'I'm Talia by the way,'

'And I'm Sage,' Her warm brown eyes linger on mine, peeking over the coffee machine. 'If you're not in a rush, you're welcome to join me with my morning coffee?'

'Oh, I'd like that thank you,' she replies, warmly

I finish making our coffees, pouring little foam hearts, and bringing the cups outside.

'Here you go,' I pass her the warm mug and take a seat next to her on the bench. We quietly sip our drinks and admire the view of picturesque farming town, framed by the mountains.

'This is some good Joe.' Tahlia remarks, 'So Sage, where are you from? and what brings you to Montrose Colorado?' She looks over to me, 'I hope I'm not prying too much,'

'No of course not! I'm from DC and I came here for a fresh start. Somewhere quiet, with mountains and close to nature. I tried city living but it's just so suffocating,'

'I can't imagine living in those mile high shoebox towers! I've only visited and they've scared me right away!' Talia chuckles

'Have you lived here your whole life?'

'Yep, working on my Mom and Pops farm, we're wheat farmers,' she proudly tells me. We continue talking and appreciating the peaceful morning view.

As I finish my coffee, I see a some regular customers heading towards the shop.

'Well I better get back to the store, let me take your cup,' Talia hands me her empty cup and saucer, our hands touching for the faintest moment.

'Thanks for that, I'll be coming by again soon! You have to tell me all about your adventures in New York!'

'I would love to, as long as you tell me your barn party stories!' We grin at each other, playfully curious about each others crazy teen adventures. 'I'll see you soon'

'Goodbye Sage!' She waves while getting into her muddy white truck.

As I wash up our cups and serve the customers, a warm happiness stays with me. I think of her pretty smile, and how much I'm looking to seeing her again.