Chapter 66

Sage's POV:

'Hey Sage, are you alright?' Sam's concerned face creases, 'Since lunch you've been quiet, did the teacher give you a hard time?'

'No no, it isn't that, I'm just really tired is all.' I smile, coming up with a generic excuse, 'all these exams coming up,'

He waits for me as I stuff my bags with books. Schools ended, everyone's erupted into the hallways, chattering to their friends and crowding the halls.

'Ok Paige, well, just let me know if you need anything,' Sam smiles, waving goodbye to me, heading for the entrance.

I don't think I fooled him this time.

I hope no one heard my sniffle in the bathroom at lunch.

I just sold my soul to the devil, and just for a few more weeks of freedom. Jason is never going to let me go. I should just enjoy my freedom while it lasts.

I watch my friends pile out of their classrooms, rushing off to their lockers. They don't even know who you are Sage.
Let's just make the most of the last few weeks.

~~~

After weeks of studying and hanging out with my friends, finally, my exams are over!!

I know they won't count towards anything, but I still wanted to give them my best and maybe outdo my previous exam marks. Which can't be that hard considering my GPA was 2.7...

Graham seems to be completely clueless about the situation, and the reality that Jason is going to take me back. I wish I could earn him but I don't want to risk it. Maybe he's in on it too...

Every morning he drinks his coffee while admiring the amazing city view from the penthouse. The chef serves me a delicious and exotic breakfast which I enjoy sitting in a nearby armchair.

I'm going to miss this.

'Are you all packed Sage?' Graham asks, as munch on my Japanese breakfast.

'Yes, I think so!' I'm so excited for this trip. I always wanted to go to Paris.

'Ok well, we better get going if you want to enjoy some of Paris today,'

'Ok, I'll be ready in 10,' I speed up the pace of my eating, shoving the seasoned rice and miso down my throat, before rushing and getting changed into my fluffy sweater and comfy sweatpants.

This will be my last time here.

~~

I hug Graham tight for the last time before one of his security guards escorts me to the private plane.

No lines, no security we just are driven straight to the tarmac where the jet is being loaded with all of our luggage.

'Paige! Yay, you're here!!' Lea squeals, hugging me when I enter the jet. 'Thank you so much for letting us hitch a ride with you on the jet!'

'Oh, no worries!'

They're all dressed much more fashionably than I am, hardly wearing comfortable clothing. Charles and Sam look straight out of an Armani campaign, and Lavender, Lea and Tia are all stunning in the latest Jacquemus or Maison Margiela haute couture. It seems a bit excessive for a flight. Then again, I don't really know what people wear on flights.