8: World Gone Mad

Sage's POV:

Josh hasn't texted me yet.

Or even texted me back. It's been 3 hours since I messaged him to confirm, I guess he was just playing me... I mean as if the fricking hot football captain would ever actually ask me out :(((

Maybe he just lost his phone.

Maybe he just forgot to text me.

Maybe he can't find my Instagram.

Maybe his Instagram is disabled.

Maybe he's too busy to text.

Maybe he's planning on texting me later.

Maybe the message hasn't come through yet.

Maybe he thought he didn't need to text me since it's pretty straight forward tomorrow.

Maybe he doesn't like me anymore.

Maybe he was just playing me that whole time.

Maybe he realised that I'm actually worthless and backed off.

~~~

In the hall ways people keep looking at me like they're scared? They whisper to their friends & sneak looks at me. Umm what is going on?? I'm usually just invisible...

Do I have something on my face? I have maths next so maybe I can hide and find out wtf is happening. Surely Jenny can update me...

Then I see a familiar head of hair walking away from me.

Josh.

'Hey!' I shout, trying to get his attention, 'Hey! Josh!' I push past the flow of people, trying to get their classes, 'HEY JOSH!!!' He still doesn't listen and keeps on moving away from me. He has to be ignoring me?? No one is that deaf!

'Josh!' I then reach and grab his wrist. He stops and turns to me. His Face...

'OH MY GOD JOSH!!! Are you ok?!?!? What happened to you?!?!??' His face is battered, bruises are forming and he seems wounded and beaten. He doesn't say anything and snatches his wrist back.

'Please just..:' He winces, I catch sight of a wound on his other cheek. It looks as if a 'J' has been carved there amongst other cuts.
'Please leave me alone.' He wheezes

'Wait what? I thought we were hanging out after school?' I say

'No... just forget it, we're not hanging out,'

'What about another day?' I plead, 'You must need time to rest and heal,'

'I mean ever Sage. Whatever this is-,' he says pointing between us, 'it's nothing.'

'What....?' I'm so confused, and shocked, I thought he liked me??

'Don't talk to me again,' he turns and walks away, leaving me speechless.

'Oh and Sage?' My attention flicks back to him. 'I'm sorry... I really did like you... and.....' he hesitates then looks into my eyes, 'and when you see him.... you'll know who put the J on my face .'

He disappears around the corner, leaving me alone in the halls about to cry. I run to the bathrooms and lock myself in a stall and start crying.

I thought there was something between us.

Why is this happening

Why is everyone looking at me whispering

What was the cryptic message Sam gave me at the end??

I thought something good was finally happening in my life, but I guess not...

~~~

I don't bother going into maths class, I'm crap at it anyways. Next period I walk into my biology class and see Jenny. I take a seat next to her and dump my books on the desk.

'Jennnyyyy, Josh cancelled today and told me to never talk to him again!!'

'Ah- yeah.....' Jenny says while shifting away from me

'Jenny what's happening to me? Everyone's been staring at me!!! Is there a rumour about me???' I look at Jenny but she's not next to me anymore, she's across the room in a different seat. No don't tell me she's being weird too?! I go over to her but she moves away, again.

'Jennyyyy, what the helllll,'

'Look, you don't understand, and we can't tell you, ok?' Jenny whisper shouts at me What? 'Don't talk to me, or anyone for that fact, he's watching us!! You're protected but we're not, understand?'

'What?? Who? We're meant to be friends Jennyy...'

'I know, and I really want to explain but I can't.' She looks at me apologetically, 'Just think about what I've said, '

'Ok,' I reply, returning to my desk by myself. This really is the worst day