Chapter 44

Sage's POV:

The car ride home is silent, Jason says nothing, I say nothing. Finally, I break the silence,

'Who was that guy Jason?! and why did he care so much about me?!' I burst out, confused with the situation that just unfolded. Jason looks to me, hunched over and annoyed.

'Your mom fucks him,'

OK THEN

'Oh... I- ok,,, cool?'

I remember he ranted to me about my mum messing up his business, but I didn't realise she'd be able to do this!

'It's not FUCKING cool Sage,' Jason shouts, 'because of that BITCH we have 4 hours to pack up, relocate, and scrub clean of evidence my ENTIRE base,'

that bitch is my mum? Ok Jason...

'Sorry Jason, but you can do it,' I hold his hand, 'we can do it, together'

A smile cracks onto his face, and the anger and stress fade away. Jason gazes into my eyes and then kisses my cheek.

'You're right baby, we can do this,'

~~~

The scene is chaotic inside the compound, the once empty halls are filled with hundreds of people frantically evacuating the most essential items and valuable contraband into the awaiting vans and planes.

Jason chucks me a duffel bag and tells me to fill it with all the things I wanna keep then rushing off to his office or somewhere. His remark washes over me as my mind comprehends the situation. I look around my room, although it was a prison in the beginning, it's become my home over the 5 months I've been here, and I'm sad to see it go.

I get up and quickly look through my belongings, my computer, my books, I quickly put all of my things from my old home in the bag. I look through my closet, not all of this can fit in my bag! I guess I should bring the jewellery cus money, my favourite sweatpants! And that beautiful ball dress...

Jason's POV:

Damn that Winthrop!

After years of crafting the perfect base, immune to being detected, having control over the town, perfectly situated, it all has to come crashing down!

He wanted to take Sage from me! And he will pay...

Why did I ever trust that snob anyway, he just uses me to keep his hands clean, laundering his money and sending it straight into his bank account!

His old money ran dry so he found me somehow, and offered me the capital to grow my operations all over the east coast. Graham runs a profit while playing house in his 'successful' business, using it as a front for his investment in more illicit business. It would be a shame if his income unexpectedly got hijacked and taken...

If Sage had wanted to go with Graham, I would have been screwed, I might still be screwed but at least I can buy some time. Or at least a plane ticket for two to Lebanon.

I can't let Sage are her mom, that's out of the question entirely. If Sage sees her mom, she'll want to go back and leave me. Or she'll want to visit her family all the time, instead of being in my clutches, with me.

She is mine and only mine. The sooner she forgets about her family, the sooner we can forget the way I took her, and then she'll truly be mine.

~~~

Sage's POV:

My head is laying on something soft, I'm lying down. Light plays on my eyelids, waking me up.

Where am I?

'Good morning baby,' Jason hums, stroking my hair. I rub my eyes open and see I'm in the backseat of the car, next to Jason.

'What-what happened?' I ask

'Well I found you snuggled on your bed asleep, so I brought you here, and Tony put your bag in the back.'

'Oh... Jason, I'm really sorry but I had to leave all of that expensive-'

'Shhhh, money doesn't matter, when will you learn that? We can just buy new stuff anyway,'

'Oh, and what about the base?'

'We got everything we needed out, then destroyed the rest,'

'D-destroyed??'

Um what?

'Sagey, I obviously had pre-installed detonation devices in the compound, just in case something like this happened. It all blew up,'

BLEW UP?!??!

'Ohhh, right. Of course hehe I'm so silly...' I say, playing along.

'Tony's been driving us around since, diverting the authorities and taking us to New York,'

'New York?!' I say

'Oh and baby,' a smirk on his lips

'Yeah?'

'I just wanted to say...'

what is he playing at?

'Happy Birthday Sagey,'

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for reading!! If u liked this chapter pls vote and comment xx

Love you all,
Jennyyyyy 💜130k💜