Chapter 49

Sage's POV:

After that, we rehearsed the story the rest of the afternoon, going through all possible situations and questions we could be asked. Although Jason's having some trouble keeping to the script.

'Ok,' Becky sighs, after Jason messes up another line, 'Let's do this again,' she takes in a deep breath, then turning herself into a character, 'Omg! Paige!! I didn't expect to see you here!!,' Jason and I are seated across from each other, as if we're in a restaurant 'and who is thiss Paigeyy!!!'

Becky is pretty convincing at this dumb blonde character...

'Oh, this is Justin! He was friends with my Father,' I say, trying to evoke a sad facial expression, 'He was just in town for business,'

'Oh! Nice to meet you... Justin,' Becky says, 'I haven't seen you around before...'

'Yes. You wouldn't have,' Jason replies robotically, baling his hands in frustration, Graham watching the situation in the periphery. He throws his napkin on the table and stands up.

'This isn't going to work, you just can't have any friends Sage,' Jason growls in frustration.

'But-' I say

'NO! You have to come home straight away after school, no parties, no studying at the library, nothing! Nothing on the weekend unless you're with me, or Graham!'

'That's a bit harsh Jason...' Graham pipes up

'You want her to go to school? She can go to school! Learn or whatever the fuck you do there! Then STRAIGHT home!'

I fidget with my hands, then looking into his crazy eyes, I nod.

'Ok, Jason...' then look behind him at Graham, who smirks at me, and shakes his head subtly, as if saying that he'll help.

After that, Becky kinda gave up on Jason, he's incapable of even pretending to be polite. I'll just have to manage those situations when they happen. Regardless people will recognise me, and maybe they'll say hi, whether we're shopping, clubbing, or dining out.

We checked out of the hotel, Jason told me that he had a surprise. It's already night time, I look up but I don't see any stars. Tony stops the car and Jason ties a scarf around my eyes... this is so silly.

Jason leads me upstairs, and then into an elevator, my ears pop as it goes higher and higher. He takes my hand and leads me out, my footsteps echoing as I walk. Jason takes the scarf off my face, and the city of New York shines in-front of me.

I look around and see the beautiful apartment that Jason and I visited before.

'Welcome home baby,' he says smiling, 'Graham got his designers to fill it up a bit,'

I look at the minimalistic furnishings, complimenting the exposed brick walls. I look at Jason and see an unrecognisable emotion in him, staring out the window.

'Hey... are you ok Jason?' I say, resting my hand on his shoulder.

'Um, well,' his voice hoarse, 'I just... Jazmyn always wanted to move to New York...' a tear, A TEAR, falls on his cheek.

'Aww Jason, it's ok..' I say, giving him a hug.

'I miss her so much... she's not, she's.. she was my sister,'

'It's ok-I.. I know, Aleksei told me... I'm so sorry,'

'I just, I just wish she was here, but.. but they took her away from me...,' he brings me closer, holding me tighter.

I knew my mum was lying! Jason would have never killed his sister!!

Jason pulls away, then looks in my eyes and presses his lips against mine. His finger runs through my hair, and he lays me on the leather couch.

I pull him onto me, claiming his lips as mine, tangling my legs in his. Jason begins kissing my neck, his fingers sliding down, and under my skirt. I arch my back, involuntary bucking my hips towards him, moaning his name.

We... christened every inch and corner of our huge apartment that night.

Hey everyone!

I'm so sorry for the late update, I have exams at the moment so the updates may come a little slower in the next couple weeks. I hope you're all safe, love you guys💜💜thanks for 145k

Jennyyyy💜