Chapter 26

⚠️ Trigger Warning⚠️
There will be violence in this chapter.

Sage's POV

My life revolves around Jason. Everyday I'm following him around, watching myself, being careful not to upset him. Hoping he won't snap at me and shoot me.

Most of my days are spent in his office, studying. With Jason always watching me from his desk, his eyes burning into my skin.

Sometimes Aleksei comes into the office to talk to Jason as well. She always catches my eyes and makes my heart flutter. I wonder if anything will ever happen between us.

The only time I have alone is when I go to sleep or when Jason leaves me in the apartment and goes out. Usually it's for work but sometimes I can smell another woman's perfume all over him.

I've been waiting and planning this moment for a while, and now it's finally happening.

~~~

He's gone, and I'm alone.

Finally some time to myself.

I wish he'd let me out of his sight, his constant gaze or monitoring by his guards is suffocating me.

But that doesn't matter anymore, because I won't have to be here much longer. I can finally escape, and go back to my old life. Although it wasn't the best, it's miles better than this hell hole, with him.

He forgot to pick up his phone this morning, and I did everything I could to make sure that happened. I distracted him and hid it behind some books I 'left' I front of it.

I don't have much time. He'll realise he left it, and realise what I might do. I should be running, rushing, but I'm paralysed, I'm so scared, he'll find out and I don't want to know what he'll do to me because of it. Last time I tried to escape.... I don't want to think about that.

Come on body! Move! Move! MOVE!!!

My body pounces at the phone and my shaking hands pick it up, I click 'emergency call' and dial 912, Fuxk! It begins to ring, and my shaking hands drop the phone, cracking the screen, double fuxk. He's going to be so ma- Stop! Focus! I hang up and dial again, by this time my fingers are shaking too, so I slowly dial so I don't screw it up again, 9....1.....1.... (call button) my legs are starting to weaken and my vision is blurring, I need to sit....

I stumble onto the couch and sit down, hunched over the phone, clutching onto for dear life... literally. I wait, minutes pass as I wait for someone to pick up. Minutes closer to him bursting through the door and-

'This is 911, what's your emergency?'

'I-I've been kidnapped, ple-please help me,'

'Where are you now?'

'I don't know, but I'm in an industrial area,'

'Sorry, what is your name and age?'

'I'm Sage.. Sage Tierson, he's g-gonna be back soon, and I don't want to be here when he does...'

'I will send a unit right away, what is your kidnappers name?'

'J-Ja-Snn M-McK-aii-an'

'Sorry Ma'am, I didn't quite get that,'

'It's- his name is... Jason McCann.'

I can't do this... he's gonna find out, he's going to kill me, I have to stop!

'Actually there's been a mistake sir, I'm so sorry for wasting your time,' I say

'Wait! Sage-,'

I quickly end the call and I put thr phone back to where he left it. I'm so busted! I can believe I just did that!!!

With that, the door opens and I hear Jason coming in. Oh no!!! I curl myself into a ball and prepare for the worst.

'I know what you did pumpkin.' His voice echoes down the hall.

I meet his eyes and instantly begin crying,

'Jason, I'm so sorry! I just- I was so stupid, Please don't hurt me! Please? I promise I'll never do it again, I-' his hand slaps my cheek

'Shut up bitch!' Jason is fuming, his hands are shaking with anger. 'How DARE you! YOU THINK, YOU CAN ESCAPE?!' He laughs bitterly, 'That call... That was a test Sage, you REALLY think I would leave my PHONE here? With YOU? They can't track my phone and that call will do nothing, NOTHING!'

'I-I ended the call, I knew it was wrong, please? I'm sorry Jason, I was dumb and-' he slaps me again

'Save it! Like I ALREADY said, I KNOW what you did. You tried to escape BITCH, then you backed out like a little pussy.'

'I-' he kicks my stomach to shut me up

'It seems you're not scared of me huh?' He says, kicking me again, 'well maybe it's time you knew your place,'

He proceeds to drag me along the hallway and slams my body against the wall like a rag doll. I slump on the floor, then kicking me again. He drags me back up the wall, his hand around my neck.

'Who do you belong to?' He asks calmly, looking at my bloodily face unaffected.

'...you,' I manage to wheeze out

'I didn't hear you,' he says, then slamming my head against the concrete wall.

'I belong to you Jason,' I say with my last breath. His hand releases my throat and I drop down to the ground.

'Damn straight,' He growls, 'clean yourself up, I'll see you tomorrow,' walking into his room and leaving me on the floor, gasping for air.