Chapter 67

I can't believe this past week.

Most of the kids are rolling their eyes at all the 'touristy' places were going. I just ignore them, all the places we've been were phenomenal. I'm so lucky to be here and experiencing all of these things.

When I get back, I won't be able to enjoy such freedoms and luxuries, I'll be in Jason's total control. I'll never see my friends again, I'll never see Sam again...

Every morning, Lavender woke me up at the crack of dawn, yanking the sheets off of the bed and opening the curtains, letting the bright light stream in. It was horrible.

Each days itinerary has been jam-packed with exclusive experiences, skipping the lines, having private tours of places rarely closed to the public, the list goes on.

It's surreal to go to all these places I've seen in movies. The Louvre, the Sacre Coeur, the arc de triumph just to name a few. And not to mention, getting to do all of this with my friends!!

Sam and I have been spending almost every moment together, holding hands exploring the Tuileries, waltzing in the ballrooms of Versailles, feeding each other strawberries down the River Seine, crying at the heart-wrenching opera, consoling my fear of heights on the Eiffel Tower, stuffing our faces with croissants every morning, creeping up on me in the Catacombs, giggling at the abstract art. He's always just looking at me as if I'm the most precious thing in the world to him. Sam's already been to all these places, but he just likes being with me.

And, maybe I like being around him too.

Sam makes it so damn hard to resist, just giving in... letting my guard down... falling anymore helplessly in love with him. He's tricked me into loving him. That respectful, loving, kind man!!

Somehow, he understands my boundaries, and tiptoes along it, but never crossing it. We act like a couple but never kiss, or touch in any way like that. We haven't acknowledged it, however. Sam's teasing me, seeing how long I can go until I snap, and we fuck like rabbits.

Not yet.

Or maybe he feels the same way about you, and all the things you feel with just the touch of his hand, he feels too.

Tonight is the last night, and Sam's invited me (and me only) to his family's French Chateau. It's not too far from Paris and it's close enough to the airport that we won't miss our planes tomorrow.

The limousine pulls through the gates to reveal a mystical grand Chateau. The manicured lawn and towering trees frame the towering creme palace in front of us.

'What do you think?' Sam watching my every reaction to the breathtaking chateau.

'It's... so beautiful.' Struggling to find the right words as he leads me inside.

'You haven't even seen inside yet Paige!' I'm met with rooms inside up to par with the grandiosity of Versailles. 'My mother had this phase where she was obsessed with French culture, the food, language, history and all of it. So for Moms birthday, he gave her this fully restored, 17th-century Chateau. I've been here a few times, but you know how it is, there's so many places in the world to go, we can't always come here sadly.' He chuckles, sometimes I forget how incredibly rich everyone is. Little me on my first overseas holiday.

'So what now?' I ask as we come back to the chateau foyer, and the tour is complete.

'We could... swim in the lake, practise ballroom dancing, do burnouts on the lawn... anything pique your interest?' Sam asks playfully. His arm around my waist as we stroll along,