4: Wheels on the Bus

Sage's POV:

*beep beep beep*

ugh, I don't wanna wake up, my bed is so warm and nicccceeeeee

*beep beep beep*

ew, school today, I'd rather sleep.

*beep beep beep*

I guess I have to go, I have a test today. Chemistry.... did I study? No. Oopsies...

'SAGE!!!' I hear my mum shouting up to me. 'THE BUS IS COMING IN 5 MINUTES!!!'

Shit.

I scramble out of my bed and throw the first thing on from in my closet. I race downstairs to eat breakfast, not that I need it, I was eating ice cream just a few hours ago.

'Oh, bye honey, I'm off to work, see you soon,' my Mum says to me while gathering her things for the day.

'Bye Mum,' I wave goodbye as she heads out of the door.

She works as a receptionist at one of the office buildings around here. There are plenty, it is Washington after all. My dad is a plumber but mostly spends his time at the pub drinking... I don't like to be around him that much.

My gran should be around here somewhere, she lives here too with us. She's very old and I can hardly see the woman that was once there, the one who looked after me as a kid. Ever since she was in a car accident, she hasn't been the same since. I've kinda been on my own, I love my mum, but she's not around much and I wish she was.

It doesn't matter, I just need to finish school then my life can begin. I can do things how I want, and leave all the bad things behind me.

I just make it to the bus stop, and I sit next to Jenny. We have math together and she's a good friend of mine.

'So are you ready for the chem test in fourth?' Jen asks

'Ummm no lol, I kinda-' the bus passes the gas station, where I went last night. Those borderline fictitious memories come flooding back in.

Him.

Gun.

Black Card.

Asshole.

Daddy- wait no, not that one.

'Kinda what?' Jenny asks, my sentence seems to have stopped. 'You ok girl? You just kinda zoned out?'

I forget that stupid encounter and continue to talk to Jen. It's just my silly brain thinking that the stories I read on Wattpad will come true, bad boy falls for good girl. Me? a pathetic high school senior? No chance in the slightest.

Get over yourself. No one's gonna make this life better except you.

I begin cram studying while I still can. Jen is fashion-obsessed, she is also very smart, so hopefully she can help me get out of this hole I've dug myself, and as I usually do when a test comes around...

~~~

Oh my god, that was such a hard test, I'm definitely not gonna pass!!! Oh no!!