Chapter 45

Fun fact: I took this photo after my family took a wrong turn and had to go the long way back to our hotel in Midtown Manhattan. One of the most beautiful things I've seen, all because of a happy accident.

Sage's POV:

'Happy Birthday Sagey'

Omg, it's my birthday! How could I forget

'Oh, thanks Jason, I didn't even realise!'

'Ever been to New York?'

'No?!'

'Well, today's your lucky day,'

I look out of the window behind me and see the sunrise reflecting off of a million glass windows, blinding me and dazzling me with the beautiful light.

'I-i, thank you Jason!' I jump on him, giving him a hug.

'It's only the start of the day baby, we've got a lot more fun to be had,' he says, holding me close to him.

'We have a few things we have to do, but other than that, the day is yours! Today you get to buy, eat, see, fuck, feel, do anything you want baby,' he smirks

'Let's get the things that we need to do, out of the way first,' I say, 'Then you're taking me to Saks on Fifth to replace my wardrobe!'

'Your wish is my command,'

~~~

Jason and I spent a few hours looking through buildings, skyscrapers and towers. I kept on asking him but he wouldn't tell me why. He's probably trying to find an investment building or something? I don't even know why.

'What did you think of the last one Sage?' Jason asks me

I remember the retro building that faced onto Central Park. The Art Deco finishings and large windows, marble floors and gold trimming.

'That one was my favourite by far, it was so cool,' I reply

'Well, we've finished looking at all the buildings we needed to, where to now baby?'

'Soho,'

We drive along the rim of Central Park, the distant skyscrapers peaking on the other side. And then we're immersed in the city again, caught in traffic and slowly making our way there.

~~~

After hours and hours of shopping, Jason takes me to a swanky hotel, where we check in all of our bags. At this point, we're looking pretty shabby, almost two days without a shower.

As we approach the reception, the people there look us up and down and look at us in dismay. Jason approaches the counter and snaps his fingers, 'service! Now!' He growls, getting annoyed.

'Erhm, excuse me sir, are you sure you're at the correct establishment?' The receptionist says in a heavy French accent, trying to hide his disgust. 'The motels a few blocks down,' he says, pointing to the door.

Jason's face slowly turning a bright shade of red, I can see him trying his hardest to control himself. At this point, Tony comes over to us with the bell boy carrying all of our luggage and shopping bags. He sees Jason's state and quickly adapts.

'Sir is there and issue with my client being here?' Tony bellows, straightening up and glaring at the rude receptionist. Jason nods at Tony and takes a seat next to me.

'N-no of course not,' he stutters, seeing the masses of luxury shopping bags and an obvious security guard, Tony, armed and in a suit.

'Pardon your judgement of my clients' attire, however, we have recently had to flee a very, VERY hostile situation,' he pauses, 'and your treatment of my client is not only unprofessional but disrespectful to him and his organisation,'

'I-I offer my deepest condolences to your client sir, I didn't mean-,'

'My client is a powerful man, don't expect to be employed tomorrow morning,' Tony states, 'now hurry up, my client is waiting, the reservation is under Bieber, the Presidential Winthrop suite?'

'But sir, that suite is reserved only for Mr Winthrop himself,' his voice shaking

'Let's just say, my client and Mr Winthrop are acquainted,'

'Of course, you will be taken tt-to your suite immediately, any room service is on the house, please enjoy your stay and,' he leans in closer to Tony, 'please let you client know that it was just a simple mistake on my behalf, it will not happen again,'

Tony chuckles, 'I would start collecting your things now, I expect you will not be permitted in any establishment of Mr Winthrop's in the foreseeable future,'

Tony snatches the keys off of the receptionist and escorts me and Jason to our room. Damn Tony, he is a beast. The doors to the lift close.

'If you hadn't handled that situation as you did, Graham would have had to clean up a shooting of his employee, Thank you Tony,' Jason remarks

'No problem boss, would you like me to scruff him up a bit tonight?' Jason looks at Tony, not saying anything, but staying something, making Tony nod.

The doors of the lift open to a small room with a single door numbered, '133: The Winthrop Suite,'

That Frenchie made a huge mistake disrespecting Jason.