Chapter 43

Sage's POV:

'This is really not a great time Graham' Jason complains, slouching in his chair while I sit next to him quietly.

Graham takes a seat in front of us, observing the stacked stock in the room. Jason fidgets, tapping his foot, seemingly itching to get out of here.

'I didn't fly all the way from New York to be refused ten minutes of your time McCann,' he growls

'If you had called, I could have arranged a time,' Jason snarls

Jason is not busy at all. We were just clubbing before, so I don't know why he's acting like he is? Jason's avoiding something, and he does not want to talk to Graham about it.

'You've been avoiding my calls, cancelling all of the scheduled meetings and not paid me a visit in New York for over 4 months! I will not stand your cowardice any longer! I have repeatedly made my demands clear, and you are yet to deliver on any of them!' Graham calms himself, Jason opens his mouth to speak but Graham speaks, 'If you had been cooperative, things could have gone nicely, however I believe that the FBI will be paying you a visit in just-' he checks his watch, '5 hours.' Jason's face turns a dark shade of red, veins bulging in his neck.

'I heard they got a tip off from an anonymous caller.' A sinister smile creeps onto Graham's face

'WHAT THE FUCK GRAHAM!!' Jason bursts, standing up and pulling me with him.

'If you leave now, it'll be 2,' Graham drops on us calmly. Jason pauses, attempts to pull himself together, and sits down again.

'Fuck you Graham,' Jason snarls

'Point taken, but I'd suggest you listen closely boy. I'm giving you two choices,
1. Send that girl home, give her the appropriate security and leave her the hell alone.
2. Send her to live with me, she'll go to school in ny and you leave her alone.'

This is about me?? Why does Graham care about me?? I'm so confused.

'You know I can't do that Graham.'

'One or two Jason?'

'YOU'RE NOT FUCKING TAKING HER GRAHAM!!' Jason shouts, pulling out a gun on him

'You're not gonna shoot me Jason'
Graham says calmly, completely unaffected.

'I fucking will, You're NOT taking her!' Jason shouts

'Yes I am Jas-'

'Wait!' I interrupt, speaking for the first time this whole ordeal. 'No way in hell I'm living with you old man! I don't even know you!'

'Yeah!' Jason smuggly agrees

'Being held captive by a stranger? No thanks. And if I go home, I'll still want to see Jason, and I will,'

'I just want what's-' Graham starts

'What's best for me? You don't even know me!' I snap at him, 'You can't keep me from Jason, why do even care anyway?'

'Well I was under the impression that... never mind, it doesn't matter it seems that Jason has succeeded,' Graham seems slightly saddened, 'I am a... friend of your mothers, and she is determined that you are taken away from this vile man, however it seems you don't want to leave. Your mother, and I, want to be sure that you are safe, and looked after properly.'

'You're NOT taking her, she wants to stay with me!' Jason growls

'Well she's a kid Jason, her mother gets to decide what happens with her. Vikki wants Sage home, or with me, where we can look after you and make sure you're ok, and completely safe. Not exposed to illegal operations in unsafe environments with unstable and predatory people,'

Jason's hands begin shaking, and I feel him getting more tense, angered by Graham's characterisation of him. I squeeze his hand, to bring his attention back to me, maybe he'll calm down. Am I making the right decision? Choosing Jason's side?

'Anyway, now is not the time to argue, this is only this first meeting. The next is in two days at my office in New York. Give me a proposition then, and then we can really start talking,'

'Fine,' Jason grunts

'Well, this meeting is over, I look forward to hearing your ideas. Oh and Sage, your mother wanted me to give you this,' he hands me an envelope, before heading out. 'Best of luck for tonight Jason,'

Oh yes, the FBI.

Once the door is closed, Jason let's out a scream of frustration, throwing his chair across the room.

'THAT SON OF A BITCH!!! FUCKKKKKKKKK'

'Shh, it's ok Jason, we'll get through this, it's ok,' I comfort him, hoping to calm him down.

'You're right, we WILL get through this, Graham will NOT win,'

'Come on, we need to sort out the base, let's go Jason,' I wrap my hand around his bicep, tugging him towards the door.

'We?.... me and you... I like us,' he states, calmer this time, and we exit, heading towards the car.

Did I make the right decision? Refusing his help? I could have probably gone home for good, and never seen my kidnapped, Jason, again.

I must be crazy, because I don't really want to leave anymore. I don't want to leave him.

How am I going to get out of this mess?!

And since when did my mum have such powerful 'friends'

Hey lovely readers!

Thank you for tuning in for the latest chapter! If you enjoyed please vote and comment xxx

Love always,
Jennyyyy xxxxx 126k💜💜