Chapter 23

Sage's POV

A neon sign illuminates the street, a big arrow points off of the highway and to a diner.

Jason makes a quick turn and pulls into the parking lot, cruising and then parking his car diagonally across 6 bays. Omg he can't do that!! Oh, never mind he can.

He hops out of the low car, and I go to follow him but I discover the door is locked. Jason comes and opens my door for me, gripping my wrist as I stumble out in my sneakers.

He brings me into the diner, walking past the waiting area and straight into a booth. He shoves me in first then slides in next to me, and although there's heaps of space, Jason has pressed me up against the wall, controlling and confining me.

'Don't we need to be shown our seat?' I ask, confused why we didn't wait. He sneers and replies,
'You seem to have forgotten I own this town,' ohhhh my god why did I ask that... so dumb
'Oh right,' I reply, trying to hide my embarrassment.

I watch as people recognise him, eyes widening and the look of pure fear in their eyes. Families start picking up their things and quietly leaving, smart choice.

A tall girl that looks my age approaches our table with a concerned look on her face.
'Hi I'm Emma, and I'll b-be your waitress today. Can I get you-,'
'We're waiting for company,' he says quickly, dismissing her. She awkwardly stands there for a moment until she collects her thoughts and speed walks off into the kitchen.

'Sage,' Jason says
'Yes?'
'Don't talk to the guys coming,' He commands, and I nod my head.
'You can get something to eat if you want,' he says sliding the menu to me.
'Thank you,' I squeak, I look around and it seems everyone who used to eating here has left. Just me and Jason, yayyyyyy.

I see a group of people coming in, leather clad and tatted up. My eyes lock with a girls green eyes, I watch her as she walks over to our booth and files in with the rest of her group. Her bleached blonde hair is pulled back into messy pony tail and she's wearing a leather jacket and a bralet.

She looks me up and down, then licks her lips and turns her focus to Jason. Who is she.. Is she kidnapped too? Does she have a boyfriend? Wait- what?

'What did you call us here for boss,' she says, skipping small talk.
'I've been notified that the crime rate around here has been rising, what is going on?' He says
'Boss, If I may,' a guy to her right says, 'I think...,' his voice fades into the background and I focus on the girl again.

I don't think she's kidnapped, or else she wouldn't have talked to Jason like that, or at all. I think she's employed by him... I look at her again, she has such delicate features, arranged perfectly on her face.

She catches me staring at her, and smiles to herself. She takes off her jacket, leaving just her bralet. The boys around us don't even notice, and continue talking.

'Aleksei,' Jason says, 'what do you think?' She looks at Jason and says,
'I think we can control the situation by upping our patrols and doing house check ups to remind everyone of our presence.'
Her Russian accent resonating in the diner.

Jason pauses for a second and nods in approval, 'Good, I expect you to get that done,'

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the infrequent updates lately, I've been really busy at school but I've been trying to fit in some writing here and there.

This chapter is a lil shorter but I figured you guys would prefer a shorter chapter than waiting a week for one slightly longer.

Please vote and comment if u enjoyed!!

Love always Jenny xx