2.

hi bubsss:))) I've gotten LOTS of requests to add a song to listen to for each chapter! So since this chapter is honestly a happy little chill type vibe but very "kiddish" as well kinda lol Idk, anywayssss I suggest "when I'm down" -Whethan, Oliver Tree. Anyways enjoy!:))

_  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _
    -      -       -      -      -         -

The train ride to Hogwarts was well needed. I loved hearing everything Pansy did over the summer, although it did spark a bit of jealousy in me.

"So, tell me what you did over break." Pansy questioned me, looking engaged as she waited for my next words.

"Oh you know, traveled to Paris, fell in love, got married, had a few kids." I answered sarcastically, shrugging everything I said off nonchalantly.

She snorted loudly, shaking her head slowly. "Pretty bad I'm guessing then."

A guilty look filled her eyes. I hated seeing her feel guilty for me, I didn't want people to sympathize over me or think of me as broken. Even though my mother's leave did break me somewhat, I was rather angry at her decision. She had a 13 year old daughter who she was leaving but still couldn't feel guilty enough to come back, forget about visiting. Not even mentioning a husband who was madly in love with her.

Anger rushed through my body, making me bite my bottom lip at the very thought of how reckless and disgusting her leaving us was.

"You could put it that way," I responded, trying not to sound as mad as I really was. I stopped biting my lip, as a quiet breath left my mouth. I shook my head slowly, looking down at my hands that anxiously played with each other. "I just wish it didn't break my father as much as it did." I noted, not making eye contact with the girl that sat across from me.

"If you ever want to.. talk-" Pansy started, clearing her throat. "I'm here.. for you." She finished, weakly smiling at me.

My gaze finally traveled from my hands to her eyes. I smiled sweetly back at her. I appreciated knowing that, even though I doubted I'd ever want to talk about it.

"Thanks, pans." I stated, trying to sound as sincere as possible.

_  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _
    -      -       -      -      -      -

Once we made it to Hogwarts, I followed Pansy down to the Slytherin common room. We wanted to unpack a little bit before we headed to the Great Hall for the feast.

"Oh that's a cute shirt! You should wear it to the party Friday night." Pansy exclaimed, pointing to the shirt I was folding.

"Party?" I questioned, moving my eyes from the satin dark green tank top in front of me to her.

"Yes, of course. Slytherin is having a party in the common room on Friday to celebrate coming back to school." She answered, looking at me somewhat dumbfounded.

"You sure it's not just an excuse for a party? I can't imagine anyone from Slytherin actually being excited to come back to school." I joked, continuing to fold my clothes.

We shared a laugh with each other at how true the statement was.

"A party is a party, and we're going."

I scrunched my nose slightly at her, not sure if I wanted to go. In return, she raised her eyebrows at me, tilting her head with a stern face.

"Ok ok, fine," I agreed, earning an excited squeal from her. I laughed quietly at her excitement, quite excited about the party too. "But you have to help me get ready." I said, pointing my index finger at her, sternly.