98.

hiii bubs! just had like the best vacation of my life and it filled me with so much inspiration and motivation.

also! just wanted to let you guys know now so that it's not a super big shock that there will be one more chapter after this one and then chapter 100 will be an epilogue. :)

enjoy! <3

I knew that Draco kissing me in front of everyone after the quidditch game was going to be the way of our relationship becoming public, though I apparently hadn't taken the word everyone as seriously as I should've.

Obviously the Slytherins were physically the closest to us when it happened, so they were the first to witness the gesture. It became rather clear though through the last few days that the Slytherins weren't the only ones watching.

The day after it happened was the worst when it came to the stares and unconcealed glances. If these last few days have taught me anything, it's that I must be the only person in this whole school that was taught that plainly staring at people is highly impolite.

Now, nearly a week later from the quidditch game, the looks have calmed down. They still appear at times, especially whenever any affection is shown between Draco and I.

I won't lie, the stares had affected me the first day, as it was something I was entirely unused to. They stressed me out, and made me anxious of everything I was doing. Almost immediately though, Draco had taken notice of this and talked to me. The talk consisted of many "fuck them"'s, but also many sweet comments and lots of recognition on my own part.

Yes, people were staring, and yes, I hated it deeply, but that didn't change the overwhelming happiness I felt knowing that Draco and I could now publicly show our love. It didn't change the exciting feeling of his touch. It didn't change the pure joy of watching as Draco's own happiness clearly lifted. It didn't change us. And I had no intention of letting it.

As we walk down the corridor together, my books in one hand and Draco's fingers interlocked with my own in the other, I feel his thumb lightly run over my knuckles, pulling me from my thoughts as he slightly changes our direction.

He leads us to the side of the corridor, near the large pillars that create a slight wall between the bright courtyard and the less lit corridors. Today is a sunny day, every plant on campus flourishing from the season that is spring.

My head cocks to the side with curiosity as he leans up against one of the pillars, both of my feet standing in between his. "Look I don't mind most things, but I am not about to make out with you in a corridor with many students in it," I claim, briefly glancing at the students I had mentioned.

A grin tugs at the corners of his lips, his head ducking as he huffs humorously. "Hm, is that to say your decision would change if we found a more... empty corridor?" He asks, his eyebrow rising with a mixture of curiosity and flirtation.

My eyes narrow at him with annoyance, though the pull of my lips makes it obvious it's fake. "I'm not answering that."

His playful grin only grows at this, an amused chuckle leaving him. My eyes briefly glance down to the way his Adam's apple moves as the joyous sound leaves him, my mind instantly appreciating the process in which such a beautiful noise is made.

"I'll take that as a yes," he responds, quickly licking his lips and lightly clearing his throat. "Anyways, to get back on topic-"

"Topic?" I interrupt him, my brows furrowing teasingly. "There was a topic?"

His lips replicate my own in a small smirk, his head slightly lowering to level with mine. "If you let me talk there will be."

My smirk grows ever so slightly. "It's not in my personal beliefs but I suppose I'll let it slide this once."