89.

hello bubsss!! i honestly totally forgot about the songs for each chapter but yknow it's fine lmao. anyways speaking of songs i honestly am now wanting to make a playlist on my "sxmpfortheweasleys" spotify and it'll just be a playlist of songs that remind me of my story ?!

anyways yeah enjoy!!

After sending the letter to my mother, I felt some sort of determination begin to build in me. Determination to go to this wedding. Determination to get her out of my life.

"You sure you want me here?" Pansy asks softly, chewing her bottom lip anxiously.

I had a plan to meet with my mother today, and discuss the things that would need to happen before the wedding... whatever that meant.

"Pansy if I don't take you with me through this, then I'll block you out and I don't-" I pause for a moment, swallowing nervously. "I don't want to do that."

She nods hesitantly, and a part of me knew she was nervous about her temper, and whether she'd be able to control it.

Though she was right. Everything she had said to my mother was right and truthful, whether I liked hearing it or not.

The waiter appears at our table a few moments later, giving us the drinks we had ordered while waiting for my mum to arrive. It wasn't necessarily surprising that she was late, though it seemed like she really cared about this.

"Merlin Y/n I'm so sorry for my tardiness," A familiar voice and figure walks up to us, a small frown upon her face.

I shrug slightly, feeling a small knot begin to form in my stomach by the sound of her voice and the smell of her fragrance. I suppose I still wasn't used to it.

"Pansy," She turns her head slightly, a polite smile replacing the look of sadness. "Nice to see you again."

"Yeah." Pansy responds quietly, avoiding any eye contact with her.

"Well-" My mum clears her throat, sitting across from Pansy and I. "I suppose we should get started."

"Sure," I press my lips together, meeting her eyes for a second before moving them away.

Theres a moment of silence between the three of us as she gets something from the bag she brought, the tension continuously growing. I look up from my hands to see a small notebook that she was looking through.

"So, the wedding is set for January 6th, though we plan to have a rehearsal dinner on January 5th with all the guests that'll be in some part of the wedding." She says, looking through the notebook still. "Meaning you should mark the date down."

My brows furrow slightly with confusion at her words. "Uh- why would I need to mark the date?"

From the corner of my eye I see Pansy's head raise as well, finally looking at my mother from mutual confusion.

She clears her throat quietly, biting her bottom lip gently. "Well um- I was hoping you could possibly do something at the wedding,"

"Do something?" I repeat her words, narrowing my eyes slightly.

"Sing- specifically."

My jaw falls slightly before tensing up as I shift uncomfortably in my seat. "You want me to sing? At your wedding?"

"Look I know I wasn't able to make it to your performance last year, but I heard how wonderfully you did and I know from hearing you as a child that you have such a wonderful singing voice." She gives me an innocent smile.