63.

hello bub! this is a shorter chapter but it's still cute and fun so i hope you will like it:))

the song is any from the last few chapters!

enjoy!!

Our habits decide our future; something my dad had also said to me growing up. It was a way of living life to only focus on the future. Though the definition of future is a period of time, following the current moment in time. Meaning that it will always be ahead. So why worry about the future, if you'll never truly reach it?

Random thoughts like these come and go through my mind as I lay in the Astronomy tower, my head on Draco's lap, my knees bent to be closer to my chest.

My wand fiddles through my hand unconsciously, as I glance up at Draco. He was sitting up against one of the walls, looking at the stars with what I could only guess as admiration.

"Draco," I say quietly. "Do you remember when I deflected that spell... and it hit you instead?" I small smile creeps onto my lips.

"How could I forget?" A small smile grows on his face as well.

"Well-" I lift my head up, sitting now, before turning around to face him. "It was Moody who was trying to hit me with the spell." I frown slightly.

His brows furrow slightly in confusion, his eyes locked with mine. "Why would he be trying to turn you into a ferret?" He asks, a comforting calmness in his voice.

I sigh quietly, looking out at the stars. "Thats what I've been wondering,"

"Couldn't you just go ask him?"

I slowly turn my gaze back to him. "I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but ever since my first class with him, Moody has hated me." I say, resting my chin on my hand.

"Right right... saving Longbottom really ruined your reputation." Draco smirks slightly, looking back out at the sky.

"And I have no regrets about it," I roll my eyes, nudging his shoulder.

He laughs quietly, rubbing his now slightly injured shoulder. "Still confused as to why you hang out with him."

I lean back on my hands, quirking an eyebrow. "Might as well admit to your jealousy now, before it becomes worse."

"I am not jealous of him," Draco narrows his eyes at me.

I look around the tower cluelessly, silently doubting his answer.

"Why would I be jealous of him?" He asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

I bite my bottom lip gently, shrugging lightly. "Jealousy seems to be your strong suit,"

He lets out an amused huff of air, slowly turning his head to make eye contact with me. "Trust me, I'm not the insecure type of jealous."

I lean my head to the side, a small smirk growing on my lips. "I see,"

He looks between my eyes for a moment before turning his gaze out toward the stars. I gently pick up his arm thats closer to me, unraveling them from being crossed against his chest.

His gaze continues to look out at the sky, as I place his hand on my knee, playing with the cold, silver rings on his fingers.

After a few moments of silence, he takes in a deep breath, squeezing my knee lightly. "Y/n,"

"Hm?" I respond, looking up at his side profile as his eyes look straight ahead.

I watch as his jaw clenches, and a few strands of his hair fall down to his forehead. "What were you doing with Potter all of last year?"

It's almost ironic that he had just stated that he didn't get jealous, then questions what I had been doing with Harry.

I look back down to his rings, twisting one with the letter 'M' on it as I try to hide a small smile. "We were taking private lessons with Professor Lupin,"

His brows furrow slightly, before he looks down at me playing with his ring. "For?"

I shrug. "Well- Harry was going to take lessons with him for casting a Patronus, and Dumbledore suggested that I should join them,"

"That man seems to have a strange obsession with you and Harry," Draco sits up straighter, though keeps his hand on my knee.

I shrug, avoiding the statement, though do wonder about it as the noise of crickets and frogs fill the silence.

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - -

heyyyy;)

i'm currently staying at a cabin so i apologize if updates are kind of slow, i'll only be here for a few days though and then i'll get back to writing:)

anyway i hope you enjoyed this little chapter! i love you all so much and appreciate everything you do for me, mwah!