28.

Hi bubsyssss! How are you guys? I feel like I rarely ask that but I hope you guys are doing good<3

Anyways, enjoy!!

I don't know how long I sit there, staring at the piece of paper. I don't know because I can't process it, I can't process anything.

I can't process that I was going to be playing Belle, and he was going to be playing beast.

Though once I do slightly process everything, I immediately stand up and rush out of the dorm. This cannot happen.

My hair flies behind me as I quickly walk throughout the empty corridors. Everyone was gone today, as it was Saturday. Though I was really hoping once specific Professor was still here.

I notice the cast list that is still tightly gripped in my hands and check it one more time.

Belle:                               Y/n  Y/l/n

Beast:                        Draco Malfoy

Merlin this can't be real. Maybe a dream? A nightmare, really.

Once I finally reach the classroom, I knock quickly and loudly.

I let out a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding in when I hear "Come in."

"Hello Professor Mcgonagall," I smile weakly at her, my breath still slightly shaky from my practically running here.

She instantly grins at me, setting the quill she was using down on her desk.

"Hello Miss Y/l/n, may I help you with something?" She asks sweetly, a smile still formed on her lips.

"Yes actually- well kind of- anyways," I pause for a moment, organizing my thoughts. "You see, I appreciate the role very much and I'm glad you think I can play it-"

"But?" She interrupts, her brows furrowed slightly in confusion.

"But- the beast. We don't necessarily get along great and I very much doubt it'll work out." I admit, swallowing thickly.

Her gaze moves down to the paper on her desk once again, filling the room with silence for a moment before she responds.

"Well Miss Y/l/n, I suggest you fix your problem soon, because it'll have to work out." She sighs, her voice slightly stern.

I don't blame her for being mad at me, I would hate if I were in her position. Though, I doubt she really knew my position.

I nod slightly, not wanting to speak as I knew my disappointment would show.

My feet slowly walk towards the door, resisting the urge to turn back and tell her the truth.

"Thank you for your time, Professor." I mutter, barely turning my head to look at her.

She mumbles a small "mhm" before going back to grading the paper in front of her. I open the door and gasp softly. Standing in front of me was no other than a pair of grey eyes I seemed to know so well.

He swallows thickly as our eyes seem magnetized to each other.

"Sorry.." he mumbles quietly before walking around me and towards Mcgonagall.

I stand there for a moment, thinking about how much his one word could mean.

Sorry. The one word I longed to hear from him for so long, though would I actually accept it? I knew he was saying sorry because we awkwardly ran into each other... but what if it actually was more then that? What if he meant it in another way?

No. One word won't change my mind.

I quickly walk through the door, closing it softly though making sure it's not fully closed. I shouldn't listen to what he's going to say. I shouldn't be quietly standing against the wall beside the door. Though, I am.

"Professor, I apologize sincerely for bothering you, but about the cast list-" He starts, his voice full of concern.

His words are soon interrupted though, by a loud and dramatic sigh from Mcgonagall. "Yes?" She asks, a hint of impatience in her voice.

"She hates me. She really hates me Professor." He states, his voice a pleading tone.

"Who?" Mcgonagall asks instantly.

I can hear Draco sigh quietly, and his foot anxiously tap against the ground.

"Y/n."

My eyes widen slightly as I hear it. I knew he was talking about me from the start but I don't think I've ever heard him say my actual name. My actual first name.

"And why would she hate you, Mister Malfoy?" Mcgonagall asks, more impatience in her tone.

"Well-" Draco pauses for a moment, probably thinking about if he should tell his Professor that he called a young girl a 'fucking slut'.

"I messed up. I messed up really bad." He admits, exhaling loudly in disappointment.

Mcgonagall hums quietly in understanding at his words. There's a moment of silence between them, as a slight frown grows upon my lips.

I hated that his words made me frown slightly. I hated that he knew he messed up but didn't seem to change. And I especially hated that the fact he knew he messed up severely meant something to me at all.

"Well," Mcgonagall breaks the silence, her voice less demanding and more gentle. "I suggest you apologize. You two will be playing the roles I've given you, and you will play them well." She states, her voice turning more stern.

I roll my eyes at her words, wishing she'd be at least a little understanding. She clearly didn't know what was happening, but she also clearly didn't care.

Draco mumbles something under his breath, and though it's hard to hear I can make it out perfectly; "I don't know how."

"Pardon?" Mcgonagall questions, clearly not being able to hear his mutters.

"Nothing," He says politely. "Thank you, Professor."

I can hear his footsteps approach the door, becoming closer and closer to me, though I don't move. I was to lost in thought. He doesn't know how? How to what? Probably apologize, as he definitely hasn't done that yet. Though, I haven't really given him a time to.

After opening the door he closes it slowly before his gaze lands on me. My head instantly turns to look at him. His eyes are filled with sadness and concern, and his shoulders are slightly slouched. His movements are slow and gentle, which always meant he wasn't happy. Though, that was already pretty clear.

There's not a word spoken to each other before I nod slightly at him and walk off. I wasn't sure what to say anyways. 

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - - -

heyyyy;)

yuh awkward encounter. anyways I have a questionnn like always lol.

What has been your favorite chapter so far and why?

Just want to see what y'all say! Also, I wanted to say that if y'all ever want to randomly say stuff or talk to me on my conversation board I'd love that! I love talking to you guys:))

Anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter and know that I love you lots:) mwwwwaaaaahhhh