22.

Hey bubs! I don't really have anything to say lol but there's some very fun news in this chapterrrrr👀

Anyways enjoy!

It had been around 3 weeks since I last spoke to Draco, and my happiness seemed to have been improving.

It felt nice to get all those harsh words off my chest, and tell him how I truly felt about him.

I rarely let him cross my mind though. I wasn't waiting for an apology, I was waiting for change. Effort, really. Which he showed none of yet.

My lessons with Professor Lupin and Harry were going pretty well, though sometimes I had to skip for a break from the Dementors. It was very tiring being drained by them, and although the whole point was to not be, the charm for defense was extremely hard.

Harry had finally started showing some improvement, meaning I could as well.

I agreed and respected Lupin for not wanting Harry to be discouraged, though it was slightly annoying I couldn't try my best sometimes when we were practicing.

"Good job today," I say breathlessly to Harry, as I sit next to him on some stairs.

I had just attempted casting the charm, which meant I was still pretty tired and out of breath from all the effort.

"Thanks, you as well." Harry responds, twisting his wand in between his fingers.

"Thanks," I mumble quietly, a small smile forming onto my lips.

Lupin had now excused us, though we liked taking a small break after lessons before attending dinner.

I watched as Lupin packed up his trunk, smiling politely at me before leaving the room.

There was a moment of silence as Harry and I sat on the stairs, both processing everything that had happened in the lesson.

"Can I ask you something?" Harry breaks the silence, turning his head to look at me.

"Of course," I nod, my brows slightly furrowed in confusion.

"What-" he pauses, taking a deep breath in. "What memory do you think of... when you cast the charm?"

I bite my bottom lip gently, thinking of my next words.

There wasn't really a clear answer to his question. It depended on my mood, or if I got sick of the memory I used last.

"It usually changes every time," I shrug slightly, tracing the ground with my wand.

The boy nods in silence, leaning his head into his hands.

"What do you.. think about?" I ask hesitantly.

I wasn't sure what the boy would think about, as he couldn't have had many fond memories. Especially with everything he's been through since he came to Hogwarts.

"Well since nothings worked so far, so mine changes every time as well." He responds, his head still turned straight ahead.

I mumble a small "oh", though I don't feel too horrible for him because I haven't been able to cast one either.

There's a small awkward silence between us, as we both sit in slight disappointment.

"It's usually about quidditch, though," he smiles weakly at me, breaking the uncomfortable situation.

I smile weakly back, nodding my head.

We sit in silence for a few minutes longer, before my eyes wander around the room, looking for the clock.