40.

Heyy bubsss!! Little disclaimer that this chapter is written off of the books, and so if you don't recognize each line, that's why. I didn't want to just copy the movie because I'm pretty sure we all know the lines very well lol. (It's not a spoiler of the books though, if you've watched the goblet of fire)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!:))

"You can put those away," growled our new Defense against the dark arts teacher, who went by the strange name of Mad eye Moody. "those books. You won't need them."

The classroom glances confusedly around at each other, some faces seeming excited, others seeming frightened.

I hesitantly close my book, and slide it off the desk, many other students doing the same. My eyes move back up to look at him, causing a slight jump when I see he was already looking at me.

He had one normal eye, the other one fake. The fake one would move around creepily, sometimes in a total different direction than the real one.

His appearance was the definition of intimidating, as his body was covered in scars, and his attitude was relentless.

"Right then," he says quickly, once he'd taken attendance. "I've had a letter from Professor Lupin about this class. Seems you've had pretty thorough grounding in tackling Dark creatures-"

He then reads off a list of things we had learned in last years class. Once he's done reading, we all nod and murmur in agreement with the list.

"But you're behind- very behind- on dealing with curses," he announces disappointedly, causing my eyes to widen slightly. "So I'm here to bring you up to scratch on what wizards can do to each other. I've got one year to teach you how to deal with Dark-"

"What, aren't you staying?" A voice interrupts him. I turn around to realize Ron Weasley was the one speaking, and though it surprised me, I was wondering the same thing.

"You'll be Arthur Weasley's son, eh?" Moody asks, a strange looking smile upon his face. "Your father got me out of a very tight corner a few days ago... yeah, I'm staying just the one year. Special favor to Dumbledore... one year, and then back to my quiet retirement."

My brows furrow slightly at his words, wondering what he meant by "got me out of a very tight corner a few days ago..."

He laughs loudly, causing a few students to jump out of panic.

"So... straight into it. Curses."

Moody talks about curses for awhile, explaining that we technically weren't supposed to be learning about them yet. Apparently him and Dumbledore agreed that it was best to learn them now, though, rather than later.

"So... do any of you know which curses are most heavily punished by Wizarding law?" He asks, both eyes glancing around the class in different directions.

To my surprise, many hands raise up in the air. Moody points at a student behind me, which I soon realize is Ron.

"Er- my dad told me about one... is it called the Imperius Curse, or something?" Ron says nervously, barely being able to look at the Professor.

"Ah, yes. Your father would know that one. Gave the ministry a lot of trouble at one time, the Imperious Curse."

I furrow my brows slightly at his words, though not because of the curse, but because of his statement about Mr. Weasley. Why would he know that one?

Moody then reaches down into his desk, and grabs a jar full of three spiders. I scrunch my nose up in disgust, feeling a sudden urge to raise my feet off the ground.