4.

Hi bubsssyy booos😛 I really have no idea what to put as the song of the chapter😳 it's a pretty fun, and chill chapter again sooo I guess just choose your own song😏 anyways enjoy!!

The next day, classes were pretty good and went
normally. Once I reached my last class, Transfiguration, I decided to apologize to Mcgonagall for my strange behavior yesterday.

After I packed my bag up, I approached her desk. I had made a plan in my head earlier of the excuse I'd use for how I acted at the end of last class. Even though I had felt much better since the last conversation I had with her, I still didn't want to open up to her about everything. I really didn't want to open up to anyone.

"Hi Professor," I smiled sweetly at her, as I watched her head come up from the papers she was grading on her desk. "I've come to apologize for my strange behavior yesterday, I was fairly stressed with homework and all my new classes and it was rude of me to not talk to you properly." I said, straightening my posture, trying to act as formal and sincere as possible.

A wave of relief washed through me as I saw a warm smile grow on her face. I didn't want her to worry about me, nor guilt me into telling her the truth. I just hoped my father hadn't mailed letters to all my teachers telling them what happened over the summer. I didn't want it as an excuse. I was going to be fine. At least I hoped I was.

"Oh deary, no worries about that," she spoke gently, taking her reading glasses off. "I've come to realize first days can be quite stressful and I don't blame you at all for it."

I grinned at her, the stress and guilt lifting off of my shoulders. Although I did feel slightly bad that the excuse I told her wasn't true, I was getting used to the feeling of not telling people the whole truth.

I thanked her for her kindness towards me, than headed out of class and towards the library. I was rather excited to study with Neville, I never really preferred herbology nor was I too good at it, so I suspect it'll be nice to have some help.

Once I walked into the library, I started walking around, skimming through book titles. I hadn't seen the boy yet, but I didn't want to look around too much.

I opened up a book with a pretty spine and looked at some of the chapter names. I traced my fingers over the title of it, which was metallic, with a very fancy looking font.

"Hi Y/n!"

I flinched from the sudden voice behind me, but soon laughed quietly when I realized who it was.

"Hi Neville," I quickly put the book back and turned to the boy, a grin on my face.

"Oh no, have I scared you?" He asked, concern taking over his happy expression.

"Just a bit- well not you necessarily, more of just the sudden noise. No worries though!" I said, trying not to sound mean with my words which only resulted in a tad stutter.

"Oh..ok." He smiled sweetly at me, gripping his bag a bit tighter.

There was a moment of silence between us. It wasn't horribly uncomfortable but I wouldn't call it comfortable either. I felt like that boy always had something to say but was always to scared to say it. I frowned at the thought, but soon snapped myself out of it.

"There's an empty table over there we can use," I say, pointing to a table behind him.

He nods slightly before we both walk over and sit down. It was a small wooden table, with dark blue bean bags on either side. It reminded me of Professor Trelawney's class.

We both pulled out our herbology textbooks, opening them to the chapters we had to study than write a summary about for homework. Professor sprout assigned us 2 chapters to read about what this years herbology will teach us and what to expect.