10.

Hello bubsss!:)) woohoo chapter 10! Idk why I feel like that's worth celebrating but I do so yeahhh. I think I'm just gonna start adding songs of the chapter whenever I really feel like there is one but for this one Idrk sorry lol

Anyways enjoy!:))

The next few weeks went by quickly after that night in the Great Hall.

I enjoyed most of my classes, although was never great at Herbology. It helped that Neville would study with me though, and I definitely felt as though I improved over time.

One of the new, slightly shocking things, though, was that I seemed to be getting quite close to a certain blonde.

He'd always make appearances throughout the day, teasing and bickering with me about everything and nothing. It was nice knowing this side of him, I rather enjoyed spending time with him, honestly.

I would feel bad for not opening up to him about every problem that comes my way or about how I really feel about my mother, but I knew he also had problems he wasn't telling me about. And that almost.. comforted me.

Our friends seemed to notice how close we were as well. Pansy would question it often, always wondering how we got so close in the first place. I'd never have a great answer for her questioning, but that's only because I truly didn't have one.

We spent almost every night in the astronomy tower together, talking and laughing. I enjoyed pointing out different stars to him, and pointing out things in the sky that were actually planets, but looked like stars.

"You like me, don't you?" He asks one night, as our legs hang off the tower.

I furrow my brows slightly, a small smile on my lips as I turn my head to him.

"Sorry?" I ask, hoping he'll explain more.

"I think you fancy me." He states, turning his head to make eye contact, his signature smirk on his lips.

I scoff quietly, shaking my head slowly. A grin appears on my face, his arrogance making me laugh.

"You're full of yourself, Malfoy." I say, quirking an eyebrow at him.

"And you're not denying it, Y/l/n." He sneers, biting his bottom lip.

"Alright fine," I sigh dramatically. "I am absolutely head over heels for you, Dray." I say theatrically, winking at him afterwards.

He looks at me, a grin on his face, scrunching his nose slightly before speaking.

"Never- and I mean never- call me that again." He says, trying to sound stern but the grin on his face is the opposite of stern.

"Why? You know you love it... Dray." I say playfully, grinning back at him.

We both laugh together at the nickname, him shaking his head slowly, and me nodding my head.

"Why would you think that anyways?" I ask, referring back to the topic of me fancying him.

He meets my eyes, shrugging, before saying his next words.

"I don't know. Usually girls don't spend this much time with me." He says, acting as though this has confused him for awhile.

Another smile forms on my lips, as I tilt my head slightly, looking at him.

"What? Do you not enjoy my company?" I ask sassily and sarcastically.

"No- that's not it- I just-" he stutters in response.