30.

Hi bubsss!!! Sorry it's lowkey pretty early rn lol I had this chapter ready and I guess wanted to publish it rn? I really have no reason lol

Anyways, enjoy!!<33

The next few rehearsals are the exact same. Awkward sitting around and Draco and I's random glances at each other. Fun.

There was one thing different though, and that was Daphne and Draco. They seemed to enjoy each other's company a lot more than usual.

Im not jealous though- at least that's what I tell myself.

It's just strange. Them as friends. I mean their personalities are so different. Their horrible as friends, and they'd be horrible as more than friends...Right?

It was more than obvious that Daphne likes him, I was just waiting for her to admit it to Pansy and myself and then we pretend squeal in excitement and tell her he likes her back. Though I very much doubt that. Daphne is a nice girl but definitely not Draco's type.. right?

Yes.. I think so.

My eyes narrow at them, as I sit reading lines in rehearsal. Daphne is playing with her hair, constantly giggling obnoxiously. Draco smiles along, and seems to do most of the talking.

"Disgusting," I mutter under my breath, hoping no one heard me though I wouldn't hate if Daphne or Draco did.

"Y/n?" A voice interrupts me from my thoughts.

"What- oh! I'm so sorry Neville," my cheeks grow slightly red from embarrassment.

I had totally forgotten I was reading lines with him, honestly. Daphne and Draco's stupid flirting was distracting me. Goodness, they should just leave if that's all their gonna do.

"No worries!" He smiles awkwardly, looking back at his script. "Your next line is here," he says, pointing at a line.

"Thank you," I say quietly, laughing awkwardly.

Neville and I read lines for the next half hour, though I can't help but notice that whenever my gaze finds its way back onto Draco... he's always already looking at me. Of course he always instantly looks away though.

"Alright everyone!" Mcgonagall says loudly, gaining everyone's attention. "I'll have all the ensemble and servants to work on Be Our Guest. Gaston and LeFou can go read lines, as well as Beast and Belle." She announces, glancing at Cedric and Harry and then at Draco and I.

I roll my eyes slightly once she's looking away, smiling weakly at Neville before picking up my things. I walk quickly out of the auditorium, feeling a presence behind me.

"Astronomy tower?" He asks quietly, catching up to me soon after.

"Yep." I say quickly, not even glancing his way.

This was pretty much our relationship now. Dry, awkward, and filled with tension. Lovely.

Once we get to the astronomy tower, I place my things down before sitting down on the ground. He sits soon after, though I still avoid any eye contact with him.

"What scene?" He asks, flipping through his script just as I was.

He also seemed to be avoiding eye contact with me at all. I couldn't blame him though, it always sparked more awkwardness.

"Reading scene after something there?" I ask quietly, my voice dry and expressionless.

"Great." He mutters quietly, flipping to the page.

"Great." I respond, a hint of anger in my voice.

I take a deep breath in once we both reach the page, clearing my throat before reading Belle's line.

"Then. for the third time, Arthur drew forth the sword." I read, my voice only slightly filled with expressions.

"So that must mean he's the king." Draco says, his voice filled with anything but expression.

I pause for a moment, though soon decide I won't even critique his horrible acting.

"Wait and see." I respond, my voice sounding slightly impatient.

"I never knew books could do that." He reads off dryly.

"Do what?" I say quickly, anger only seeming to rise within me.

"Take me away from this place and make me forget for a little awhile."

I roll my eyes at his expressionless and dry tone before lifting my head and looking at him.

"Is this just how it's gonna be now?" I ask, though I'm not reading a line this time.

He pauses for a moment, though his head is still turned down to look at his script.

"That's not a line." He responds, still avoiding my eyes.

"No. Draco, it's not."

He sighs, finally lifting his head to look at me. His eyes were filled with no emotions, almost identical to his voice.

"Well when you act like-"

"When I act like!? I haven't done anything!" I yell angrily, my emotions seeming to all suddenly spill out.

"See! You're so fucking stubborn!" He yells, slamming his script closed.

I pause for a moment at his words, my mouth open in shock, and my brows furrowed in anger.

"And you're so fucking idiotic!" I yell back, standing up quickly.

"Oh yeah!?" Draco gets up to his feet instantly after I do, clutching his books at his side.

"Yeah!"

"Fine then!"

"Fine!"

I quickly grab my bag, before rushing out of the tower.

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - - -

heyyyy;)

LMAO NOT ME FINDING THIS SCENE CUTE SOMEONE HELP ME also I'm tempted to make the next chapter a Draco POV I just don't know if it should be this same scene or a different one?

This is super random but I cannot tell you how tempted I was to write their first kiss in this chapter though it would mess with some plot lines so I decided not to but like imagine him just grabbing her after she yelled yeah and then they kiss idk it's just so perfect lmao.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I really enjoyed writing it! I love you bubsss:)) MWAH