72.

hello bubs! this chapter is pretty random but i think it's fun so it's fine😁

i cant think of a specific song for the chapter so do whatever you'd like‼️

enjoy!

"Merry Christmas Crow," I smile at my owl as I roll over in my bed, still waking up.

Christmas Morning. I loved the thought of it even though I'd be spending it with no one, nor would I be opening any gifts.

I rub my eyes, stretching my arms out before sitting up in my bed. After a few more moments of waking up, I stand up and start walking to the bathroom before my foot hits something on the ground near my bed.

A small box was wrapped neatly, no tag or letter on top of it. My brows furrow slightly as I bend down to pick it up, unwrapping it slowly and cautiously. Once I open the box, I see two vials, one filled with a clear liquid and the other filled with a glowing string.

I pick both of them up one at a time, inspecting each by slowly turning them around in my fingers. As I look back into the box, I notice a small folded up piece of parchment. I unravel the parchment, reading what it says. Use the Phoenix tears when needed, and the memory when told.

I realize immediately that the clear liquid is the Phoenix tears, and the glowing string is a memory. It was hard not to take this as a threat from whoever the sender was, though I did appreciate the tears.

We had learned in second year that Phoenix tears can heal, which ended up being what saved Harry from the Basilisk's venom.

I set the vials back down into the box before sliding them into my bedside table drawer to use "when needed".

Once I'm all dressed and ready to do absolutely nothing, I plop down onto my bed, a small sigh leaving me. It wasn't the no gifts I was upset about, it was the loneliness. Especially on Christmas.

Though I wanted to regret not spending Christmas with my dad, I knew that even if I was home he wouldn't be with me, as he was spending the day with some of his old friends, which made me happy.

A loud and dramatic sigh leaves me as I fall onto my back, my legs dangling off the side of the bed. A few light knocks on the dorm door distract me from my thoughts, making me sit up immediately with confusion.

"I'm here to clean your room," A high pitched voice says from the other side of the door, only growing my confusion.

"What the..." I mutter under my breath before slowly walking over to the door. I turn the doorknob cautiously, sliding the door open.

My jaw drops as I realize who it is, my brows furrowing with confusion. "What the hell are you doing here!?"  I say as a grin grows on my face.

"Glad to see me?" Draco grins too, before I wrap my arms around his shoulders, going on my toes to hug him.

He wraps his arms around my torso, laughing quietly as he returns my hug. I let go after a moment of contemplating whether it'd be weird if I just kept hugging him for awhile, though obviously decided it would be.

"Well yeah sure but what are you doing here?!" I ask, excitement still in my voice.

"I couldn't let you spend Christmas alone," He smiles, before walking into the dorm.

"Well sure you could've! You have a family to spend Christmas with, Draco!" I respond, nudging his shoulder as slight concern fills me.

He laughs, rubbing his shoulder where I had hit him before he sits on my bed. "They didn't show,"