83.

hi bubby bears ! (i apologize for how cringy that nickname is) this is a pretty long chapter because i just didn't feel like stopping the writing of it 😁👍

anyways i hope you enjoooyyy!

The word heartbreaking couldn't describe the feeling I had felt while holding Harry as he sobbed in my arms.

I was right. Him and Cedric were dating.

Waking up the next morning wasn't much easier. My brain felt fuzzy and clouded, as if I were in a dream; which I knew immediately was from my sleep deprivation.

The weather had been getting colder ever since we arrived back at school, causing the idea to take a walk to form in my head. I was hoping the cold would break me out of this strange dreamy feeling.

Soon after I'm in uniform, I grab my coat and begin quietly walking out of the Slytherin dormitories. It wasn't in my plan to actually wear the coat as I wanted the cold to hit me as hard as possible, but I knew if a Professor saw me without one, they'd make me go get one.

And only a few minutes later, my point is proven.

"Be careful out there deary, I've heard it's getting quite cold, especially this early in the morning." Mcgonagall says as I pass her in an empty and slightly dark corridor. Her warm smile is comforting and welcoming as she looks at me pass her.

"I'll try my best," I give her a small smile, wrapping my coat tighter around me to bring her some sense of satisfaction.

I continue on with my mission to get outside, my shoes clicking lightly on the ground and echoing off the walls from the lack of people filling up the space.

The moment I get outside, it feels as though someone has just poured ice-cold water onto my whole body, but in the most wonderful way possible. I take in a few deep breaths as my coat slowly falls off my arms, landing on the ground.

Cold air fills my lungs quickly, before I exhale the warm fog that shows how cold it really is.

I throw my coat in a hidden place so it won't be stolen before I begin to walk out of the courtyard and to the area the quidditch field was located.

My arms cross over my chest as I stare at the field, the once people cheering full stands now empty and quiet. Still was a good word to describe how it looked.

My eyes begin to wander around at the other scenery, trees filling the field, some of them turning orange and yellow, or even red. A few of them still held their green colored leaves, one of those specifically catching my attention.

The tree seemed almost... familiar.

I begin to walk closer to it, thoughts flowing through my mind of why it could seem so familiar. It was only a plain green tree, much like the other trees in the field, but for some reason it seemed to stand out.

It's when I get to be about a foot away from the tree that one word pops into my mind.

Apparation.

This tree. This tree was the tree I apparated from when I went into the maze. The tree I hid behind when thinking of a plan on how to save Harry.

There was nothing special about the tree, especially because the maze it used to be near was now gone. The maze that had caused so much chaos and trauma.

I bite my bottom lip, staring at the place the maze used to be.

It felt as though I could hear a faint sound of the music that the Hogwarts band had played that day.