97.

hi bubssssssssss! tbh my new aesthetic is writing while listening to hozier bcs what a vibe fr 😜 anyways i have a fun little announcement on my conversation board if you wanna go check that outtt ;) 🤫

i hope you enjoy!

I feel the resurgence of my happiness as I sit on the train in a compartment with Draco, Theo, Blaise, and Pansy.

Before saying goodbye to my mother I wasn't sure what to expect my emotions to do. It felt as if the correct way to feel would be sad, or depressed to some extent, though truthfully, I didn't feel either. Sure I was losing a big figure of my life, but I was also losing anxiety, and stress that haunted me almost constantly.

Plus, there is no doubt in my mind that the people I love and felt loved by most were currently sitting in the same vicinity as I am.

A small smile creeps onto my lips at the thought as my eyes fixate on my hands subconsciously playing with the end of my tie.

We had been told a little while ago that we'd be arriving at Hogwarts soon enough, which meant everyone were to change into their house's uniform.

Pansy and I changed rather quickly, the process of buttoning up our shirts and tying our ties practically muscle memory. Although rather than letting me change in peace, Pansy decided to tease me endlessly about how 'joyous Malfoy is acting today'. Naturally, I acted annoyed at her comments, though a part of me was glad she couldn't see the smile plastered upon my lips as I changed.

Now, as we all sit back in the compartment with our uniforms on, I can feel the almost constant gaze of Draco on me. I would absolutely love to be able to do so in return, but I knew if I did Theo and Blaise would undoubtedly notice and mention something about how we couldn't keep our eyes off of each other. And to be fair, they wouldn't be wrong.

My eyes move away from my hands and instead to look out the window, noticing immediately the fact that we were practically at Hogwarts now.

The large castle looks the same as always, holding many of my fond memories within it.

I find the astronomy tower, my small smile only growing at the sight. I've had my fair amount of memories up there, most good, some bad, and a few considered my favorite moments of all time.

Something told me I'd be making some more of those memories soon enough.

I lean my arm up against the windowsill, my chin resting in my hand as I watch the castle get closer and closer. A few moments later Draco copies my exact position as he sits across from me, also in a window seat.

My eyes move over to notice his change, observing the small knowing smile on his lips. Clearly he was trying to get my attention by copying me.

I narrow my eyes slightly at him, trying not to make my reaction too obvious to the rest of the group.

His eyes glance over at me as I do so, the corners of his lips tugging higher at my silent response. He winks so quickly it's almost hard to tell if I imagined it or not, but I come to the conclusion that it definitely did happen.

I roll my eyes in response, trying to hide the small smile that began growing on my own lips. No matter how hard I tried though, the smile still appeared, causing me to slightly reposition my hand to hide it.

An amused huff leaves Draco at this as he watches me, immediately causing Blaise to glance in our direction. Lucky for us, the boy was much more interested in the fact that we were almost there rather than the sight of Draco and I's silent interaction.