18.

Hi bubs!! Sorry for the kind of late post, I was playing video games all day instead of writing sorry😛

Anyways, enjoy!!

The cold win rushes through my hair as I run as fast as I can to my father.

The train ride felt so long, as I was anticipating seeing him once again. Although I had gotten letters from him throughout the first few months of school, it was hard not being with him. Hard not being there to make sure he was going to be okay.

My arms wrap around him tightly, my feet standing on my toes to reach over his shoulders.

I needed this. A break from school, a break from the drama.

"Merlin, I've missed you so much!" I mutter into his sweater, not wanting to let go.

He held me tightly as well, seeming to have missed me as I've missed him.

"C'mon let's get inside, it's cold out here." He smiles sweetly, breaking apart from the hug.

I nod in response, picking up my trunk once again and admiring the house before walking in.

It was always weird coming back home and spending the night somewhere other than my dorm room, though I absolutely loved my house. It was a rather small house, always warm and cozy inside.

It was made of mostly wood, reminding most of our guests of a cabin. Walking in, there was a small hallway for coats and shoes, then a kitchen to the right. The kitchen then lead into the dining room, where we usually only ate when people were over.

The living room was to the left, which lead into my father's office, and near his office was a small room my mother insisted on making her dancing and singing studio, though it clearly had no use anymore.

My grin soon faded slightly as I spotted the small room, remembering her teaching me dances or songs. That room was where most of my happy childhood memories were.. though they didn't seem very happy anymore.

I turned my gaze slightly to the right, a happy feeling once again erupting throughout me, as I spotted my bedroom. It was probably the smallest room in the house, though I absolutely loved it.

"I'll start on dinner while you unpack." Father says softly, smiling at me before making his way to the kitchen.

I nod slightly at him, before glancing back at my bedroom and smiling.

As I walk into the room, I notice it is exactly how I left it. My gaze travels across every bookshelf, smiling at the childish books I used to read. My brows furrow slightly as I finally look at my bed, noticing a certain brown teddy bear isn't there anymore.

"Father- do you know where Teddy is?" I ask, peaking my head out of the door.

I almost laugh at the name, though I knew he'd know what I was talking about.

"Oh-" he clears his throat. "Yes.. I moved it to my room. Reminds me of you," he says smiling at me. "I'll go get it though-" he adds on, rushing over to his bedroom.

"No-! No it's okay, I want you to have it," I say quickly, holding my hand out for him to stop.

He nods slightly, a smile on his face as he walks back into the kitchen to continue dinner.

Although it made me happy knowing he was keeping the bear, it also reminded me that he missed me. It reminded me that him holding a teddy bear at nighttime helped him, because I couldn't be there to.

I frown slightly, before taking a deep breath in, opening my trunk. It doesn't take long for me to hang up all my clothing, as I couldn't fit too much into it.