84.

hi bubsss ! i totally forgot to tell y'all this but ever since i decided that draco would give y/n that ring/necklace i've had an inspo picture because it helps me describe it better when writing. so randomly i was like omg why not literally buy that ring 🤨 so i did 😁😁 and it hasn't come yet but i'm super excited and i might even show y'all if you're interested in seeing it !

anyways so sorry for the late night post, i just decided i wanted to post now :))

enjoyyy!!!

"The History of Hogwarts" was the name of the book Draco had given to me after much hesitancy. Page 217, like he said, was exactly the page I ended up finding what he said about apparation. And he was right, no wizard or witch within school grounds could apparate nor disapparate, other than the current headmaster.

It was only a fact though, not an answer. A fact that only grew my curiosity and confusion about everything.

Maybe it wasn't a fact. Maybe this book was written very long ago and the rules have changed since. Though I highly doubt that magic would just disappear, especially at a time like this when Voldemort was quite literally going to start another war.

I wake up early the next morning, eager to continue reading and find out more about this.

So I read.

I read the next 18 pages, and then decide to read the 10 pages that came before 217.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It's as if theres no history behind it. As if they'd had never had a problem such as mine. Though, that wouldn't be too surprising.

The thing that kept popping up in my brain though was Dumbledore. He knew exactly what had happened, yet never gave me an answer or explanation.

I needed to see him again and ask about this strange event. I needed some sort of answer.

So I wait, and wait, and wait, until Mcgonagall dismisses us from last period. I pack my bag quickly, though make sure to put the history book on top as to grab it easily when I show Dumbledore.

I walk quickly to the place I knew his office was. It was quite strange that not every other student knew where his office was, nor visited it nearly as often as I seemed to.

I don't pay attention to anything as I storm through the many student-crowded corridors, holding my bag tightly around my shoulder.

I arrive in front of the giant griffin bird thingy, before realizing I had absolutely no idea what the current password was. I suppose I haven't been to his office in quite awhile.

"Uh..." I mutter under my breath, my heel bouncing against the ground as random guesses run through my head.

"Pumpkin juice?" I say more as a question than a command for the entrance to appear. "Uhhh... gingerbread button?" I guess again, almost laughing at the ridiculous things leaving my mouth. "Christmas baubles?"

"Quite valid guesses you've got there," A voice says from behind me, making my body jump at the sudden noise.

My hand lays on my chest from shock as I turn to see Dumbledore, a sweet smile on his lips from my random guesses.

"Oh-" I huff humorously, catching my breath from the scare. "Yeah... thanks,"

There's a small moment of silence between us, the awkwardness building rapidly.

"So, um- why aren't you in your office?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Oh uh... thought I'd go on a little after school stroll in the courtyard."