69.

hey bubs!! i know i don't usually post at this time but here i am

theres not really a song for the chapter other than if you wanna listen to "Neville's waltz" which might just get you into more of a Yule Ball mood;) (no this chapter is not the yule ball)

i hope you enjoy!

It's officially two weeks from the Yule Ball.

Have I been asked by anyone to go? No.

I know I shouldn't ponder on the idea of Draco asking me. Of us having a wonderful night filled with dancing and laughter. Of ending the night up in the astronomy tower looking out at the stars. Though there was still a small hope in me that it would happen.

That someday he'd show up with a beautiful rose and a romantic poem. Or even dedicate a song just for me, but as everyday passed by, my hope grew smaller and smaller until really, it was gone.

"Have you gone deaf or-?" Pansy's voice breaks me out of my thoughts, my eyes lifting to look up at her. She had been talking to me for awhile though as soon as she mentioned the Yule Ball, I zoned out.

"Huh? Oh yeah, sorry," I stutter, repositioning the book sitting in my lap.

"You have gone deaf?" She asks, glancing down at the book in my lap.

I huff humorously, rolling my eyes. "So Blaise hasn't asked you yet?" I change the subject, writing a quick note down about my homework.

"No, and I doubt he will."

"Why not?" My head pops up to look at her, my brows raising in concern and confusion.

She responds with a shrug, though I knew she had more to say about why she thought that way. Before she can begin with her explanation, Harry walks up to us, a nervous bounce in his step.

"Hey Harry," I say, slight concern showing in my voice.

Pansy and I had been studying in the library for a little now, meaning we were in a public place. Maybe he just wanted to say hi?

"Uh hi." He states quickly, still bouncing anxiously.

"Is something wrong?" I ask as he awkwardly glances at Pansy, giving a small wave to her which she confusedly returns.

"Could I ask you something?" He lets a loud huff of air out, clearly trying to relax himself.

"Yeah... of course." I give a small glance at Pansy, silently telling her I had no idea what was going on.

"Well uh Mcgonagall told the four Triwizard tournament competitors that we will be leading the first dance- meaning we all need dates." He frowns slightly. "I know this seems strange- but Cho is already going with someone else and you came to mind next so um... would you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

My eyebrows raise in surprise, as I process everything he has quickly spilled out. "Oh um..." I look at Pansy who has a small smirk on her lips. "Yeah- yeah sure,"

He grins immediately, repositioning his glasses on his nose. "Brilliant!"

I give him a small smile, not sure whether I was happy, surprised, or bitter.

"Oh- uh also!" Harry begins again, though now he's speaking to Pansy. "Ron was wondering if you'd wanna go with him?"

Pansy's mouth gapes open slightly, glancing around a little. "So- so you're asking me... for him?" Harry nods hesitantly. "No romantic gesture?" She quirks an eyebrow. Harry now shakes his head slowly. She stays quiet for a moment, staring at the ground. "Fine I'll go."