38.

Hi bubs! Thank you so much for all the get well wishes! I'm incredibly grateful for such a supportive and amazing community<3 Also this is kinda of random but don't yall agree that we're all lowkey just a family now?

Anywaysss, I hope you enjoyyy!!;)

Time had been flying by quicker than ever the last month. I had been preparing for school, though not in the way you'd think. I had been preparing to see Draco again, and what I'd say if he tried to talk to me. My script consisted of calm and mature sentences such as "I would prefer to not have this friendship in my life anymore," or other things like that.

Saying goodbye to Daphne was definitely emotional. Pansy, Daphne and I were all doing fine, no tears fallen nor any emotional speeches until our group hug. Our last group hug.

"C'mere Crow," I gently pat on the owl cage, gesturing for my owl to get inside of it.

My trunk was all packed, and my emotions were somewhat in order. Fourth year, here I come.

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - - -

A sigh leaves my mouth as I plop onto the seat in the compartment. Pansy furrows her brows slightly as she gives me a questioning look.

"I saw him," I mutter quietly, biting my lip nervously.

"Oh c'mon it won't be this awkward all year," she responds, though seems slightly unsure of her words.

Thoughts run through my head, processing what her words meant. It can't be this awkward all year. We'll be the worst Beast and Belle ever if it is.

"I can't see how it won't be," I say disappointedly, the moment I saw him replaying in my mind. His grey eyes pierced into me, and my heartbeat went wild. Then he did something I'd never thought in a million years he'd do. He smiled... at me. It wasn't a giant grin or anything, but it was definitely something.

Pansy shrugs slightly, before leaning her head against the wall.

"I'm gonna get some sleep," she yawns, lifting her knees to her chest.

I mumble an inaudible "ok" before turning my gaze to look out of the window.

Every situation that could happen once we got to school crosses my mind as I stare out the window, which surprisingly makes the time go by quickly.

Before I know it, I'm shaking Pansy awake, as we've just arrived at Hogwarts. She wakes up slowly, stretching and yawning, before looking out the window as well.

As the train slows down, Pansy and I grab our trunks. We wait for the train to stop fully before heading out of the compartment, and towards the exit.

Once we're out of the train, I instantly feel rain fall down onto me. Every student is escorted to the carriages that take us to the school. It was quite nice to experience riding in a carriage like this.

The ride to the school lasts about 15 minutes, which is filled with random screams from dramatic girls whenever it would thunder. Though, one of the high pitched screams comes from none other than Blaise, as he mocks the girls, which causes everyone to laugh.

Once we're all inside and heading to the great hall, I notice a boy I haven't seen in awhile.

"Harry!" I call out, as I jog up to him.

"Oh hi Y/n!" He smiles.

I glance over at Ron and Hermione who were standing by him and smile weakly at them. Ron returns the smile, though Hermione gives me an unsure look.

"Do you know if we'll be doing lessons with Lupin again this year?" I question, ignoring the look I got from Hermione.

Harry's eyes widen slightly at my words, and he clears his throat awkwardly.

"Lupin won't be here this year," he says disappointedly, barely holding eye contact with me.

"Oh no... do you know why?"

"Well it's becau- ow!" he starts, though a warning stomp on his foot from Hermione makes him stop.

She mutters something to him in an angry tone, though I can't hear anything she says. He sighs, before turning his head to whisper to me.

"Look- I'll tell you some other time." He whispers. "Don't tell Hermione I said that though!" He whisper yells, panicking as if I'd tell her anything.

"I won't," I whisper back, a reassuring smile upon my lips.

"Well, it was nice to see you," Harry smiles, talking in a normal volume again.

"You too!" I grin back, before sass takes over and I look at Hermione. "It was really nice seeing you as well, Granger." I smile innocently, over pronouncing her last name.

Ron chuckles quietly, trying to cover it up, though it fails. Hermione punches his arm, shushing him, before glaring back at me.

I give Ron a small smile before walking away, and heading back to Pansy.

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - - -

"It's gonna be really weird to have two other schools here soon." I point out, as Pansy and I walk with Blaise to the common room.

"It's okay, I won't flirt with the other girls too much," Blaise smirks, looking for a reaction out of Pansy.

"Why are you even walking with us?" Pansy asks plainly.

Blaise's smirk falls instantly, and his mouth hangs open slightly.

"Ouch." He mutters under his breath. "I wish I could say that I'm here because you two are just so kind- but that would be a lie."

"So- whats the reason?" I ask, slight concern in my voice.

"Not sure, honestly," he shrugs. "Draco has been acting kind of weird tonight- I mean, he gets pissed off at everything."

I furrow my brows in confusion, and glance at Blaise to make sure he wasn't joking.

"Is that not how he normally is?" I ask, sarcasm in every word.

"True but- I don't know, something seems off." He shrugs, seeming genuinely concerned for his friend.

"Hm.." I hum in confusion, glancing at Pansy. She seems slightly confused, though doesn't seem to care much at the same time.

Though I shouldn't care either... right?

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - - -

heyyyy;)

something about writing them going back to school is so fun, though I have no idea why. Anyways I've said this a million times but I'm genuinely so excited for this year because it's when I get to finally put all my plans and ideas together and in the story;)

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I love you!! Mwahhh!