55.

hello bubs!!!! i'm so sorry i haven't posted in a few weeks, my summer has been crazy busy and it's honestly been really sad that i haven't gotten much time to write!

i wanna thank all of you for 50k+ reads!!!!!! i remember how grateful i was for 10k reads, so it's honestly almost impossible to even process that my book has over 50k reads! thank you thank you thank you for the continuous support, and for always bringing a smile to my face.

the song i suggest for this chapter is:

Why'd you only call me when you're high? - Arctic monkeys
(it reminds me of old draco tok so why not have a little trip down memory laneee)

without further ado, enjoy!

As I lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, I realize that maybe a game night would be good for me. The laughter coming from my friends, and the constant distraction could easily take my mind off of everything that had been going on.

Pansy walks in quietly, either because she thinks I'm sleeping, or she doesn't want to annoy me.

I sit up, a quiet sigh leaving my lips. "What are we wearing tonight?"

She looks over at me, her mouth slightly agape, almost as if she surprised I'm speaking to her. "Nothing fancy," She shrugs. "Whatever you'd like." A gentle smile appears on her lips.

I try my hardest to smile back, which was apparently convincing enough to her, as she turns from me and heads over to her side of the dorm.

We both study for the next hour or so, though my mind was everywhere but the book that was in front of me. Every word my eyes passed over was just another word. Nothing was processing in my brain other than my mother and my father.

Could I even call them that anymore? You're a mother and father when you have a child together. But when you split, how could you still be called that?

I didn't want a step father, and I wouldn't accept one either. Had my mother even thought once about how I felt about all this? How I felt about her replacing the best man I had ever met in my life for someone who couldn't possibly be even remotely better than my father?

Though I didn't want a step mom either. How could any child consider a random new adult in their child their mother or father, when they already had one?

I have a mom, I have a dad. I had a happy family.

_  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _
    -      -       -      -      -      -

I ended up wearing a pretty casual outfit, not doing much of anything with my hair either. This was probably the first time Pansy didn't seem disappointed about me not wearing a fancy outfit to a night like this, which I appreciated.

Pansy and I walk throughout the empty corridors, not really being worried about being caught, as the Weasley twins had pranked Filch yesterday, causing him to currently be in the hospital wing.

The game night was going to be in the astronomy tower, and though it was never said who decided that location, my mind only thought of one boy.

Though she didn't say anything, I could tell Pansy was slightly confused as to how I knew exactly where the staircase leading up to the tower was, and how quickly we ended up getting there.

Once we get up the staircase and to the top of the tower, we see that the three boys were already there, laughing quietly at a joke Blaise had apparently made moments before we made it up.

Draco meets my eyes almost immediately, causing me to quirk an eyebrow. His big smile from laughing slowly turns into a small smirk as his eyes quickly travel down my body, then straight back up to my eyes. I roll my eyes and scoff quietly at this gesture, causing a small chuckle to leave him.