8.

Hi bubs!:)) I'm sorry I'm literally so bad at this song thing but lots of different emotions happen in this chapter so there's really no song to describe it all lol.

Anyways, hope you enjoy!

At around 9:30 P.M. I decide it's a good time to head to the astronomy tower.

The whole time at dinner, I felt as though Draco kept glancing at me. He didn't necessarily seem happy, sad, or mad, he just seemed confused. It felt as though he was thinking a lot, as though he wanted to say something but couldn't think of the words.

I didn't say anything to him though, I knew I could just ask him about it in the astronomy tower.

As I finally entered the tower, I noticed he hadn't gotten there yet. I glance around slightly, before walking over to the railing. I look up, admiring the stars in all of their beauty.

I always liked how quiet stars were. They felt peaceful, almost like they were listening, not in a creepy way though. It always felt like I could tell the stars all my problems, I could vent to them, and they'd understand. They wouldn't necessarily say anything in return, but they'd understand.

I took a couple deep breaths in, closing my eyes. When I exhaled, I open my eyes, smiling at the many wonderful beauties up in the sky.

I rested my chin in my hands, my elbows leaning on the railing. My body was slightly bent down, but I was still standing.

"Hey," a quiet voice came from behind me.

I surprisingly wasn't too startled by the sudden noise. I guess it was because I was expecting him anytime, but it also seemed to be how gentle his voice sounded. Draco rarely talked in his quiet, gentle voice, but when he did, it was nice, calming even.

"Hey," I respond, glancing over my shoulder and smirking weakly at him.

It was almost weird how relaxed he was when we were alone. His attitude didn't consist of being a total jerk with no one around, it was nice though. 

He walked slowly over to the railing, standing a foot or so away from me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks, turning his head to look at me.

"I'm sorry?" I respond, puzzled by his question.

"About your mom, why didn't you tell me?"

A spark of panic rushes through my body at his words. How did he know? I surely didn't tell him, and wasn't really planning on it either. Is this why he seemed so confused at dinner? Is this why he wanted to meet? To confront me for not telling him something that was extremely personal to me? Thoughts rushed through my mind. How was I going to respond to that?

"What are you talking about?" I ask quietly, hoping maybe he means something other than my mother leaving me this summer.

"You know what I'm talking about, Y/l/n." He speaks more sternly.

I swallow thickly, realizing that I definitely knew what he was talking about. I preferred to prepare myself for occasions like these. I liked planning out what to say, but now I couldn't, now I had to speak the truth because I had no time to make up excuses.

"How did you find out?" I sigh, my head still turned to look at the stars.

"My father apparently met up with yours," he started, his gaze straight ahead. "He sent me a letter today, telling me to 'comfort' you." Draco pauses, laughing lightly at the thought.

"Oh," I say softly, still processing everything.

There's a moment of silence between us. I really didn't know what to say at the moment, and I'm sure Draco is pretty uncomfortable with all the emotional stuff.