20.

Hi bubs BAHAH I JUST REALIZED I NEVER PUT AN INTRO IM SORRY

Anyways I don't have much to say other than I'm so sorry it's so short lmao I wanted what happens next to be in another chapter!

Anyways enjoy!

I straighten my posture, a slight spark of confidence going through me as I walk down some hallways, on my way to my first "lesson".

The only thing I was slightly excited about was seeing Professor Lupin, as I always thought he was a good professor.

Which was nice, especially because we learned absolutely nothing in Defense against the Dark Arts last year.

I hear loud footsteps come up from behind me, seeming to be in a rush.

"Y/n!" An out of breath voice yells, though I grin as soon as I recognize it.

"Oh hi Neville!" I say, turning my head to look at him as we keep walking side by side.

There's a slight awkward silence between us, as he just grins at me. He clears his throat awkwardly, turning his head to see the hallway as a confused look appears on his face.

"Where are you off to?" He asks, clutching the books in his arms a little tighter.

"Just going to see Professor Lupin," I respond, not really wanting to explain everything.

It wasn't that I didn't trust Neville, it was more that I didn't want everyone in the school to know. Truly, I wasn't proud of my apparating and I knew if this got out, then that would too.

"Oh okay," he smiles sweetly at me.

There's another moment of silence, as we approach Lupin's classroom, that is getting closer and closer.

"Anyways- I just wanted to say thank you for the Christmas gift, I love it!" Neville says, a bright grin on his slightly reddened cheeks.

I almost forgot about the Christmas gift I gave him. It was a few different kinds of seeds I thought he'd find cool, and then a pot that had green plants painted onto it.

"Of course! I'm so glad you like it!" I grin back at him.

"Yeah-" he says, a grin still upon his face.

The situation was slightly awkward, me smiling at him and him grinning as we walked down some hallways looking at each other.

Though, after knowing Neville for awhile, you get used to situations like these.

"Well anyways, I should go into the classroom now." I break the silence, glancing at the classroom door we were now standing in front of.

"Oh- right." He responds, laughing awkwardly as he glances at the door as well.

I nod slightly, a smile on my face as I watch him slowly walk away. He waves sweetly at me, before turning around and running away.

He trips slightly on his shoes as he runs, which makes it hard for me not to laugh, though luckily I don't.

I take a deep breath in, staring at the door in front of me.

I wasn't quite sure how this would all go, I just hoped I wouldn't do absolutely horrible at it.

Everything was still so confusing though. Why did Dumbledore think I could do this? Because I accidentally apparated a few inches once?

All of it didn't make much sense to me, though I had to trust it, trust him.

My hand finds its way onto the doorknob, twisting it slowly to open the door.

No turning back now.

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - - -

heyyyy;)

I'm so sorry this chapter is literally the shortest thing ever, but I wanted to write a thank you note to all of you:))

This book just reached 10k reads and that is absolutely crazy and I genuinely cannot believe it.

I want to thank every. one. of. my. readers. for continuing to read this book, and show me such lovely and sweet support.

It means the world to me that I can come on this app, and write a my own book, and have people actually enjoy it. Writing has always let me let out my emotions, and it's always made me so happy as well. So I thank you for letting me pursue a dream I never thought I could.

I love you guys so much, I cannot put it into words (lol). Thank you thank you thank you for everything.

Mwahhhh😗