48.

Hi lovely bubziesss! This may be the longest chapter I've ever written I'm not sure but don't worry it's a fun one😏😏 Here's the song(s) of the chapter

Tongue tied - Grouplove
Dead to me - Kali Uchis
(First one fits the beginning of the chapter more, second fits second half more, though do whatever you want!)

Anywayssss, enjoyyy!:))

I smoothed my simple black shirt down, making sure no wrinkles were visible, as I admired my outfit in the mirror. I decided to go for more of a modest but cute outfit, specifically because of past events.

"You sure you don't want anything slightly scandalous?" Pansy wiggles her eyebrows suggestively at me, packing a few things in a small purse.

I snort humorously before shaking my head slowly, still staring at myself in the mirror. "Oh I'm sure."

"Fair enough." Pansy shrugs slightly, picking up the small purse and wrapping it around her shoulder. "You ready?"

"If you are," I smile, a surge of excitement flowing through me, as I spray a few last sprints of perfume on my neck.

Pansy smirks mischievously at me, before holding her elbow out, gesturing for me to hold it. "Shall we then?"

"Yes we shall," I wink at her, before we quietly leave our dorm.

There was not light in the common room, other than the soft fire, which seemed to be dying down rather quickly. My eyes glance throughout the giant room, making sure there was no one to watch our escape.

Once we both made sure no one else was awake, we quietly opened the dormitory door, leading us out into the dungeons. All of the corridors were dark, and silent, though its just as I'd suspect them to be this late at night.

"What are the instructions?" I whisper to the dark haired girl, trying to ignore the slight bit of nerves creeping into my body.

Pansy had asked a 6th year student (Who clearly had snuck out of Hogwarts many times before) about Filch's whereabouts every hour, to make sure we wouldn't get caught by him, nor his cat.

The student wrote a list of instructions for Pansy and I to follow, meaning we were going to do exactly that so we could make it out safely, and secretively.

"First one says to go through this corridor, then turn left," Pansy reads off the piece of parchment, pointing to the corridor the list instructed to go through.

My eyes glance down the corridor, making sure no one was there, though the chances of anyone actually being there was low. We both walked quietly through the silent corridor, our bodies alert to any noises or hints that someone was near.

Both of our heads peak over to the next corridor, before we quickly jog through it, the decision to not wear heels seeming to be brilliant at the moment.

The looking through corridors before quickly walking through them continued for the next five or more minutes. I soon realized that we were getting extremely close to the front entrance of the school, causing a small smile to appear on my lips.

We finally turned the last corner, causing our eyes to land on the corridor that lead to the window we were to escape from. I glanced at Pansy, as she glanced at me, evil smirks worn proudly on both of our faces.

Though the moment of success, soon turned into panic as the noise of footsteps, becomes louder and louder by the second. Pansy and I stare at each other in panic, our eyes wide and breathing quick.