23.

Hi bubsss!! To answer my question from last chapter... I don't think anyone got it right which is honestly kinda sad lmao but I'm aaaaaaa ravenclaw

I guess I just don't seem smart😭✋ jk but honestly I am a lot like a hufflepuff too, though idk why so many of y'all said Gryffindor I'm not brave at all🥲

Anyways, enjoy!!

(FUTURE A/N! hi there! this is me coming back and editing this chapter after finishing this ff. The first version of this chapter held a quite cringy scene of y/n singing haha and I still receive hate comments to this day about it so I decided to edit it out. The scene is still the same concept, just less cringy.)

The night after Mcgonagall announced the spring musical, I had a dream about my mother.

I had a dream that I ended up doing the musical, and that she came and saw it. That she was supportive, and truly cared for me.

I liked this version my mind created of her, though it was far from real.

But I guess it's true what people say. That dreams are your deepest desires. Mine was to see her. To hear her again, to touch her.

Life without a motherly figure was rough, harsh, and not too lovely. Who do you cry to when a boy breaks your heart? Who do you look towards for female help?

Pansy and Daphne could obviously help me, but only to a certain extent. They didn't birth me. They didn't raise me. They weren't there through my rough times... though all my rough times recently seemed to be about my mother anyways.

Sometimes I question why I even call her that anyway. It was more of a name now, not a meaning.

She didn't even deserve the name, truthfully.

I roll over on my side, as I decide I've thought enough about her, let her ruin my mood enough. For the day, at least.

_  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _  -  _
    -      -       -      -      -      -

The day goes by normally, not super quickly but not slow either. Pansy would ask me throughout the day if I was okay.. apparently my acting wasn't good.

Going to class and seeing friends definitely helped distract my thoughts about my dream, though any second I had to think, it was straight back to her.

As Pansy and I walk back to the common room, I decide there's no point in lying to her.

"I had a dream about her." I say quietly, hoping she knew what I meant.

There's a small moment of silence as her head slowly turns to look at me.

I didn't turn my head to look back at her, though I knew she had a slightly saddened look upon her face.

"A good one?" She asks, slight concern in her voice.

"It was good," I pause, searching for the right words. "It was good.. but it was fake."

She nods slightly, turning her head back to look straight ahead.

"Do you think you'll be okay?"

I hated the pity, really. I had such a wonderful life, though one bad thing had to happen and suddenly everyone I talk to thinks I'm not okay.

I didn't always hate it from Pansy, though. She knew I couldn't handle much of the baby voice and heartfelt conversation, so she avoided it. Though sometimes, it was needed.