68.

hey bubs! i hope you're all doing well and at least tolerating school! the song for the chapter is the video at the top, it's just a little classical piece which i would recommend listening to but no pressure:)

enjoy!

"I've heard Snape's lesson today is pretty interesting," I tell Draco, flipping through a small book for Charms class as we walk to a room that Snape had told everyone to meet in.

He turns his head to look at me, a questioning expression on his face. "Why would it be interesting?"

I shrug. "I was talking to Har-" I pause, my cheeks heating up as I realize my mistake. "a Gryffindor- and they said something about 'dance lessons'".

I hear a quiet chuckle leave Draco before he steps slightly closer to me. "Which Gryffindor?"

I avoid eye contact with him, as I didn't want to get into a stupid argument over me talking to Harry. "Can't remember." I shrug, staring at the book in my hands.

Draco huffs in amusement, before turning a corner. "Tell Potter I say hi,"

I roll my eyes at him, before following him into the room Snape asked everyone to meet in. Most of the class was already there, talking quietly amongst themselves as they waited for something to happen.

As I look around, I notice the girls all sitting on one side, the boys on the other. I quickly walk over to Pansy, giving her a small questioning look before sitting down next to her. She responds to my look with a small shrug before our attention turns onto Snape.

"On December 24th," Snape begins with a monotone voice. "Hogwarts will be hosting the Yule ball." He slowly looks around at all the students, though no one reacts. "A Triwizard tournament tradition."

"A ball?" Pansy leans closer and whispers to me, a small smirk on her lips.

"Everyone will gather in the Great Hall for a night of dancing and..." He pauses. "Fun." He says almost as if it pains him. "Now, if I may call Mr. Malfoy and Miss Y/l/n up here."

My eyes widen immediately, glancing at Pansy for a second before I look at Draco stand up slowly. I stand up slowly after him, walking hesitantly towards Snape.

"Since these two have waltzed before, I suspect them a good enough example for all of your small and incapable brains." Snape says, pushing me and Draco to be in the center of the room. We stand awkwardly in front of each other, awaiting some sort of instructions.

"Go ahead." Snape says quietly through gritted teeth.

My brows furrow slightly with confusion before I lock eyes with Draco giving him a small nod. He returns the gesture, before wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me closer toward him. I gently place my hand on his shoulder, our other hands held together.

He gives me a small smile before we begin to waltz, not once breaking eye contact. I mentally count "1 2 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3" in my head before my brain goes blank as I practically sink into his eyes.

"Alright everyone, find a partner and follow along with our example." Snape announces, catching my attention.

We continue to waltz, both laughing quietly as we see the boys and girls struggle to pair up. Theo had been almost hiding from the girls, clearly not finding this exciting. Though Blaise and Pansy had paired up within no time. I could tell almost immediately that Blaise was just as good a dancer as Draco.

"Hiding will get you nowhere, Mr. Nott." Snape scowls at the uninterested boy, making it hard for me to hold in my laughter.

Draco laughs quietly, before looking back into my eyes. "I suspect Bulstrode would be the perfect match for him." He jokes.

"No no, definitely that one over there." I glance at a girl in the corner who's finger is stuck up her nose, before she takes it out and stares at her findings. "She's already great at gold digging." I grin, trying to hold in my laughter.

Draco huffs humorously as he looks at the girl. "I'm afraid she's already been taken,"

My brows furrow in confusion before I turn my head to look back at her. A small boy walks over to her, holding his hand out to her. "Wouldn't grab that if I were him," I look back to Draco who smiles at my joke.

"If you step on Miss Davis' foot one more time, you will be the one bringing her up to the infirmary." Snape says slowly, death staring a random pairing.

I snort quietly at his statement, as Draco shakes his head slowly, though a small smile still plays on his lips.

The class continues for the next 15 minutes, my legs tiring at the continuous waltzing. "When will this end?" I groan quietly.

"Stand on my feet," Draco responds, his eyes locked with mine.

"What?" I ask, glancing down at our feet.

"Stand on my feet." He says again, slightly narrowing his eyes at me.

I confusedly and slowly stand on top of his feet. I almost lose balance from our closeness, though Draco grabs my waist, helping me stand up straight. "Im gonna fall!" I whisper yell to him, my heart beating fast from the close incident.

He laughs quietly at my panic, though continues to slowly waltz around as my toes stand on his shoes. "Calm down, I've got you."

"Seeing as our example has now forgotten how to correctly waltz, class is dismissed." Snape announces dryly, glaring at Draco and I.

I step off of Draco's feet, a small smile on my lips. "At least we didn't get a detention."

He grabs his bag, wrapping it around his shoulder. "How could dentition be bad if I would be there?" He smirks, leaning in toward me.

I roll my eyes, nudging his shoulder. Him and his flirting.

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - - -

heyyyy;)

i absolutely love writing chapters like these and y'all always seem to like them so i hope that hasn't changed!

thank you for reading today's chapter, i love you very much and i'm proud of everything you've overcome. mwah!