𝟒: 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐈𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

APRIL 2004

APRIL 2004

Sunday rolled in fast for the crew. They were getting ready for their weekly cookout. Valentina drove Letty's car into the driveway right behind Leon with Vince pulling in behind her. The two girls stepped out while taking bag of groceries in hand each.

"I think your clutch needs some adjusting." Valentina said as they both made their way up the driveway.

"Yeah it's been doing that all week. I'll take a look at it tomorrow." Letty said before Vince's voice interrupted their conversation.

"I'm outta here." Vince said handing his bags to Leon as he spotted Brian near the grill with Dom.

"Come on, dog." Leon said taking the bags in hand as Vince started walking away.

"Vince, get over here and give us a hand." Dom called out but Vince just kept walking.

"Looks like you got all the help you need, brother." Vince said getting Valentina to roll her eyes before her and Letty started walking towards the house.

After dropping the bags off inside Letty left outside with Mia and Jesse to set the table. Valentina washed her hands before pulling stuff out of the bags to make some salad. She washed everything and moved over to the counter to start cutting.

"What you making?" Brian's voice said from the door as he came into the kitchen.

"Uhh.." Valentina said being caught off guard as she moved over to the cutting board. "A salad." She said before moving over to cut the lettuce.

"Want a hand?" Brian asked as he moved over to the sink and washed his hands.

"Sure. Could you shred the carrots please." Valentina said with a small smile as Brian nodded.

"So y'all do this often? The cook out?" Brian asked as he came to stand beside Valentina.

"Every Sunday is for family." She said as Brian started shredding the carrots.

There was a small silence before Brian spoke once again as Valentina poured some of the cut lettuce into a large glass bowl.

"So the other night, you said you didn't drink. Why's that?" Brian asked catching Valentina off guard.

Valentina sighed and put down the knife she was using before walking over to the window that over looked their friends. Brian followed behind her and saw what Valentina was looking at.