𝟗: 𝐆𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬

A YEAR LATERJULY 2005

A YEAR LATER
JULY 2005

Valentina was guided to the registrations desk as her release was now finalized. She was dressed in some clothing that Mia had dropped off earlier in the week. She took a hold of her belongings that had been taken away from her when she was brought in.

"Sign here please." The female officer said as she handed her a clipboard.

Valentina signed and shortly after handed it back to her. She took her belongings in hand and quickly placed the bracelets her sister once made her on her wrists. She also quickly put her necklace on. She then made her way out of the prison hoping to see a familiar face when she stepped out.

The guards opened up the gate for her and as soon as she stepped out it finally hit her that she was free. A smile crept on her face when she saw her blue 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse waiting for her in the parking lot. Yet the heavy tint made it hard to know who was behind the wheel.

As Valentina made her way closer to the car the door opened up. Brian stepped out with a smile on his face as Valentina came to a stop.

"You have got to be kidding me." Valentina mumbled as she made her way over to Brian.

"It's good to see you V." Brian said with a smile as Valentina made her way over to the car.

"I thought that when I took you off the visitation list you would take the hint that I want nothing to do with you." Valentina said with a slight eye roll.

"No, thank you Brian for getting me out of this shit hole?" Brian said keeping the smile on his face.

"I would happily go back if that meant not seeing your face again. Plus, it's the least you could have done after putting me in there, breaking my family apart, and fucking up my trust." Valentina said getting Brian's smile to falter.

"Valentina I don't know how many times I have to say I'm sorry

"Valentina I don't know how many times I have to say I'm sorry." Brian said as Valentina reached for her car door.

"You can say it as many times as you want. I don't give a damn about your apologies, O'Conner. Your apologies won't bring my family back together." Valentina said before opening the door getting in with Brian doing the same.