𝟔𝟐: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞

AUGUST 2018

Dom made his way through the streets of Cuba early in the morning. He carried a bag with a loaf of bread and a rose for his Letty. A smile plastered on his face as he walked towards his apartment. Yet a woman having a hard time getting her car started caught his attention.

"Do you need help?" Dom asked in Spanish quickly getting the woman to look up at him.

"What?" The blonde asked in English looking over at Dom.

"You need a hand?" Dom asked as he stood at a distance.

"Yeah, I think I do." The woman said with a sigh as Dom started making his way over to her.

"Sounds like you're not getting any fuel." He said as he came to stand in front of the car.

"Yeah?" The woman asked as she saw Dom place his bag on the side to help her.

"Probably the shut-off solenoid. Let's see if we can get some power to it." Dom said as he started digging into the car.

"What brings you to Cuba?" The woman asked as she kept her eyes on Dom.

"The same thing that brings everyone else to Cuba. Culture... People... The beauty. What brings you to Cuba?" Dom said with a smile.

"Work." She said with a small smile.

"Must be casual Friday." Dom said as he went to open the fuse box.

"How's that honeymoon going, Dom?" Cipher said removing the sunglasses from her face revealing a pair of piercing blue eyes.

"Your fuel relay is missing." Dom said as his body tensed up at the fact that the woman knew him.

"I know." She said bringing it up in her hand.

"I love to play games. I've beaten the best of 'em. But I'm kind of in a rush, so if you've got something to say to me..." Dom said as Cipher circled around him to put the missing piece back.

"Oh, this is a very different game, that I can assure you. This... There's something much greater at work here." Cipher said stopping Dom from walking away as he took a hold of his bag.

"This is fate." She said coming face to face with him.

"I choose to make my own fate." Dom said as he looked eye to eye with the woman in front of him.

"Not today." Cipher quickly said getting closer to Dom. "Is this the road you take to your apartment every morning? What else is different, Dom? Was Santiago's closed? Did you have to cross two blocks to go get your Cuban coffee? What is it, black, no sugar?" She said getting Dom to tilt his head to the side.

"Yeah. I put a lot of work into getting you here today." Cipher said with a nod as she kept her eyes on Dom's.

"Well, now that I'm here, what do you want?" Dom asked also not taking his eyes off of Cipher.

"I want you and your brother-in-law to work for me." Cipher said getting Dom to give a sarcastic laugh.

"Work for you? Oh, I could've saved you a lot of time, then. See, we don't work for anyone." Dom said referring to Brian and himself as he turned to walk away.