𝟔: 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲, 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲, 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲

MAY 2004

MAY 2004

Brian once again sat in the home that was used by the FBI with Bilkins and Tanner. Bilkins was on the side having a serious conversation with his superiors about the whole Johnny Tran situation.

The night that Brian and Valentina had their date, while Valentina was asleep beside him he got a call from his boss. He let Brian know that they were moving on Johnny in the morning, which Brian agreed to.

"The DVD players were purchased legally. All we've got are a couple of low-rent weapons charges and some outstanding speeding tickets." Bilkins said as Brian kept his back to him.

"So, they're out." Tanner said as he held his hand up covering his face of frustration.

"Yeah. Father bailed them out." Bilkins told Tanner. "Is this the kind of intelligence I can expect from you, O'Conner?" Bilkins asked getting Brian to turn to him.

"You're gonna put this on me?" Brian asked with a look of disbelief.

"I can put it on whoever I want to, kid. Perks of the job." Bilkins said looking over at Brian.

"Nah, there's no way you're gonna put this on me..." Brian said getting up raising his voice.

"No, wait a minute.  Wait a minute. Let me tell you." Bilkins said cutting Brian off. "I don't care if you have to put a gun to someone's head and blow your cover to smithereens. You've got 36 hours to crack this girl and her friend... or you might want to be thinking about another career." He said before Brian got up furiously and walked out of the house.

Moments later Tanner followed shortly behind the blonde as they made their way over to the pool.

"It's Ortiz and Toretto, Brian. It always has been them." Tanner said as he stood back as Brian had his back turned to him.

"Tran and Hector are... They're just fumes." Tanner said as he took a couple steps to stand beside Brian. "Well I know you've been lying to me. My question is this: Have you been lying to yourself because you can't see past Valentina?" He said getting Brian to look over at him.

"They won't go back to prison." Brian said looking straight at Tanner who simply nodded.

"Well, that's a choice they're going to have to make." Tanner said getting Brian to look back over at the pool in front of him. "There's all kinds of family, Brian. And that's a choice you're gonna have to make." He said before walking back into the house leaving Brian in deep thought.

" He said before walking back into the house leaving Brian in deep thought