𝟔𝟎: 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐞

FEBRUARY 2016

The entire team waited in the lobby of the hospital where they were attending Valentina. Brian sat with his elbows down on his knees. He buried his face into his hands as he cried silently for his wife. Ramsey sat beside him rubbing his back trying to calm him down.

Letty sat across with Dom right beside her. She let silent tears stream down her face as Dom held her closely to him. He himself was trying to keep it together for the sake of his wife, and his brother-in-law who sat across from them totally devastated.

The doors to the private waiting area quickly came open getting them to all turn to it. Mia walked in with red eyes as they had called her to give her the news.

It had now been two days and Valentina had yet to wake up. Mia quickly flew in when she was given the news that Valentina was in critical condition. She packed her things and left the DR in a snap.

Yet when she went into the room she was shocked to see who was inside. Her eyes watered up as her face turned pale from the sudden realization.

"Roger." Mia said before quickly running to his arms.

The two hugged tightly shedding tears of their own. Mia cupped his face to reassure that it was him and quickly pulled him in for a kiss when she realized it was.

Roger quickly wrapped his arms around her tightly as he took everything in. He missed her and knowing that she was in pain due to his death, pained him. He was glad to be back home, to be back with her.

"Mr. O'Conner." A nurse said coming into the room getting everyone to quickly stand up.

"Yes." Brian said quickly going over to the nurse as everyone gathered behind him.

"Come with me please. The doctor would like to speak with you." The young nurse said getting Brian to nod.

He quickly followed her out and they walked towards where Valentina was being kept. Dr. Allen quickly approached the two with a small smile.

"I'm sorry we have to meet this way again." She said as she extended her hand out to Brian.

"How is she?" Brian quickly asked as he shook her hand.

"Come. Follow me." Dr. Allen said leading him down the hallways. "Valentina took a bullet to her right shoulder which was successfully removed." She said as they walked down the hallways.

"She also received a laceration across her left arm which we successfully stitched up. Yet there was one bullet we had some complications with." Dr. Allen said as they came upon the glass that gave a clear view of Valentina who was hooked up to a breathing machine.

"The bullet punctured her lung which caused it to collapse. Therefore, we had to hook her up to a breathing machine." She said as Brian looked at his wife with a nod.

"When do you think she'll wake up?" He asked getting Dr. Allen to sigh.

"Well that's up to her. It could take days, weeks, even months." Dr. Allen said before motioning for Brian to enter. "Talk to her, she can hear you. Just try not to stress her or anything." She said as Brian nodded and entered the room.