𝟕𝟓: 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

𝙐𝙨
𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝘽𝙖𝙮

{SEPTEMBER 1992}

An 11 year old Valentina was trying her best in the kitchen to provide a meal for those in the Toretto home. The family had just lost the one person that kept them all together, Jack Toretto. Dom was no where to be found, Mia was distressed in her room for the loss of her father. Letty was upset from the lost of the man that looked out for them like their father should. And the last Toretto, Jakob, was off on a binder trying to forget about the fact that his father would no longer return.

Jakob Toretto, at the time was known as the middle child of Jack Toretto. The 14 year old was always there for Valentina ever since they were younger. Their friendship was the very first friendship to ever form between the Ortiz and the Toretto's. Yet after he suddenly up and left two years after Jack's death, Valentina suddenly felt abandoned which is then that her bond with Mia and Dom blossomed.

{AUGUST 2023}

Valentina rolled herself out from underneath the car she was working on and stood up from the cart. She walked over and took the gallon of oil in hand. She poured it into it's compartment when suddenly she felt a presence behind her. She knew all to well when her kids would sit back and watch.

"Wanna give me a hand?" Valentina asked her son who stood behind her watching.

A smile grew on the 9 year old's face as he quickly walked over and watched his mother finish pouring the oil. She capped the bottle and nodded her head over to the inside of the car.

"Go turn it on for me." She said as she capped the compartment.

Jack walked over to the driver's seat and cut the car on. A smile came onto Valentina's face as she saw the smile on her son's face. Jack stepped out of the car and walked back over to where his mother stood. She checked for leaks and made sure everything was running smoothly before turning to her son.

"Come, I want to show you something." Valentina said extending her hand out for her son to take.

Jack took her mother's dirty hand in his and she led them to the back of the Toretto garage. They came upon a car that had a black tarp thrown over it. Valentina quickly walked over and removed it revealing the wrecked 1995 Acura Integra.

"Wow, is this?" Jack asked with an excited face as he recognized the car.

"Mhmm. First car that I built with Aunt Letty." Valentina hummed with a smile.

"This is the car you beat Uncle Dom in." Jack quickly said as he ran his fingers over the scrapped paint. "What happened to it?" He asked as he circled around the car.

Valentina took a deep breath in and out before preparing herself for what was to come. She knew she had to be honest with her kids, she had to be an open book to them. Therefore she pushed away her fears and simply opened up.

She looked over to the door and saw her oldest child looking at them. Valentina nudged them over to the nearby abandoned couch and the two took a seat leaving a space for Valentina between them. Valentina walked over to the nearby table and took a box in hand.

"I think it's time y'all know the truth." Valentina said as she took a seat between her kids with the box in hand. "It's the only way you both will understand everything that happened." She said sending them a tight lipped smile.