𝟐𝟏: 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥

SEPTEMBER 2009

SEPTEMBER 2009

As they rode on a train Valentina read a travel guide in front of Brian, who simply looked out of the window. He moved his attention over to her getting a question to appear in his mind once again.

"What are you reading?" Brian asked leaning forward onto the table between them.

"Travel guide." Valentina said not taking her eyes off of the travel guide in front of her.

"Yeah?" Brian said bring it down with his index finger. He took it in hand and skimmed over it. "Tokyo. Moscow. Goa." He read as he flipped through the pages.

"And you want to know what all of these places have in common?" Valentina said with a smirk on her face.

"What?" Brian asked bringing the travel guide down.

"No extradition." Valentina whispered getting Brian to nod with a smile.

"Not a bad place to start our family, huh?" Brian said bringing up the subject that surrounded his mind each time.

Valentina didn't respond and instead she simply sighed leaning back in her seat.

"What's wrong?" Brian asked as he saw her body stiffen.

"There's something I need to tell you." Valentina said as Brian gave her his undivided attention.

"I'm all ears." Brian said getting Valentina to sigh.

FIVE YEARS BEFORE

MAY 2004

As Valentina laid in a clinic regaining her conscious a nurse stood beside her checking her vitals. Through a clouded vision, Valentina saw the small smile that was one the nurses face.

"Hello, Ms. Ortiz. How are you feeling?" The nurse asked as Valentina tried to adjust to the light from above and the one coming in from the window.

"Like I just got rammed by a truck." Valentina mumbled as the nurse nodded writing some stuff onto her clipboard.

"I'll get the doctor to take a look at you." The nurse said before excusing herself out of the room.

Moments later a Doctor came into the room with an officer right behind her.

"Ms. Ortiz, I am Dr. Melody Allen. I am glad you're awake." She said as her heels smacked against the floors.