𝟕𝟒: 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

JULY 2023

Valentina sat on the side of the bed as Brian walked out of the bathroom ready for bed. He walked over to the bed and laid on his stomach with his eyes on his wife. A smile was brought onto his face as he saw her deeply focused on the book in her hand. Her face of concentration plastered on her face getting him to smile even more.

"Take a picture might last longer." Valentina said as a smile came onto her face.

Brian looked down with a laugh. It was something Valentina would always say when she would catch him staring at her. It was as if she could feel his eyes on her.

"Just wanted to take everything in." Brian said as Valentina closed her book bringing it down. "It feels good to have you back baby." He said as he placed his hand on her visible thigh.

"It feels good to be home." Valentina said with a smile as she brought her hand onto his. "You know Gisele told me about the promise she made you." She said getting Brian to nod slowly.

"Yeah, she called me the day you were released, basically the morning I received your letter. She told me she was going to be picking you up. That you and her were going away for some time." Brian said as he turned around to look up at the ceiling with his head laying on her thighs.

"Knowing you was with her gave me some comfort." Brian added as Valentina nodded.

"You know, you've filled me in with everything that's happened here. It's only right I fill you in with what has happened with me over the past five years." She said as she placed her book over on the nightstand beside the bed.

"I'm all ears." Brian said as Valentina shifted a bit to get comfortable with his head on her lap.

"Well, when I left the agencies black site we took road towards Tokyo." Valentina started as Brian simply listened closely. "Gisele wanted to pick some things up from the apartment she shared with Han. Yet when we got there, she couldn't bring herself to enter the home. So, we just stayed the night at the garage before getting back on the road." She said as she started tracing her fingers through Brian's hair.

"Then we landed in Australia." Valentina said with a small smile. "That's where I learned how to surf." She said getting Brian to furrow his eyebrows.

"You know how to surf?" Brian quickly asked getting Valentina to chuckle.

"There's many things I learned over the years." Valentina said with a smile.

"Oh really." Brian said quickly turning around.

"Mhmm." Valentina said as she placed a kiss on Brian's lips. "But you know what's one thing I was too stubborn to learn." She said as she remained only inches away from his face.

"Hmm." Brian hummed as he looked into Valentina's eyes.

"How to live without you." Valentina said as she also looked into Brian's blue eyes. "Every morning, I woke up thinking about you. Every night I went to sleep thinking about you. Anytime I let my mind wander freely it would take me to you." She said as she brought her hand up to caress Brian's cheek.

"Not a day went by when you and the kids weren't present in my mind." Valentina added as a tear managed to slip from her eyes.