𝟑𝟓: 𝐍𝐨 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲

AUGUST 2013

"We are not in Brazil." Roman said as the team was back at the lab. "So, now we got cars flying in the air? On some 007-type shit? This is not what we do!" He added as he looked between Han, Gisele, and Tej.

"Man, you really got to check that emotion

"Man, you really got to check that emotion. Your voice just went from Shaggy to Scooby-Doo." Tej said before mocking him getting the others to chuckle.

"See, man, when your sister starts shooting at you, that's a clear sign to back the fuck off!" Roman said looking straight at Tej. "We need to get the hell out of Dodge!" He added looking over where Valentina sat with Brian removing the bullet from her shoulder.

"Hey Mia." Valentina said into the phone.

"How are things going?" Mia asked as she turned off the light in little Letty's room.

"Uh, It's definitely Letty." Valentina said with a small grunt as Brian removed the bullet from her shoulder.

"So, she's alive." Mia said with a small smile.

"Yeah." Valentina said looking over at the small bullet that Brian dropped onto the metallic tray. "How's little Letty doing?" She asked before putting the phone on speaker so Brian could hear.

"Good. She just went down. Elena took her to the park where her and Max were running around all afternoon." Mia said getting Brian to smile.

"Could you kiss her goodnight for us, Mia." Brian said into the phone as he had noticed Valentina dozed off with her eyes on the bullet.

"Yeah. Y'all take care okay." Mia said as Brian nodded with his eyes on Valentina.

"We'll keep in touch." He said before hanging up the call.

"She definitely saw it was you?" Dom asked Valentina who kept her eyes on the bullet resting on the metallic tray.

"She looked dead at me, Dom." Valentina said as she wiped the small tear that had slipped down her face.

"Maybe the Letty we once knew is gone." Brian said as he started stitching Valentina's wound. "Even though she's alive, maybe she's gone." He added as Valentina grunted softly from the sudden pain on her shoulder.

"You don't turn your back on family." Dom said as he removed himself from where he leaned on Valentina's car.

"Even when they do." Valentina said looking up at Brian who took a deep breath in and out when he saw his wife's watery eyes.