𝟑𝟗: 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐞

AUGUST 2013

"You're still up-shifting early." Valentina said as Letty and her stepped out of their own vehicles.

"I do that, so you brake." Letty said as Valentina came to lean against the hood of her car.

"You lose traction, and the back end kicks out." Valentina said as Letty leaned against the side of her car in front of Valentina.

"I noticed." Letty said before shaking her head slowly. "Look, just because you know how I ride, doesn't mean you know me." She said getting Valentina to chuckle as she saw Letty's serious face.

"You know what they say where we're from? Show me how you drive, I'll show you who you are

"You know what they say where we're from? Show me how you drive, I'll show you who you are." Valentina said before taking her eyes off of Letty and onto her car.

"V8. You never could resist American muscle." She added getting Letty to shift in her position. "Nice scar." Valentina said keeping her eyes on the car.

"Your little DSS friend..." Letty started as she brought her fingers to the scar over her eyebrow.

"I'm talking about the one you have underneath those bracelets." Valentina said getting Letty to look at her wrist and look underneath the bracelets.

"Some chick talked you into breaking into our neighbors back yard so y'all could cook s'mores on their bonfire. Got caught so you and the girl tried to jump over a fence, but you got stuck." Valentina said as she looked up at Letty.

"Let me guess, since you're supposed to be my sister. You went and saved me from getting in trouble." Letty said getting Valentina to chuckle and lift up the sleeve of her jacket.

"I was the girl that talked you into it. I even got this scar from that same fence." Valentina said showing Letty her wrist. "We went home that night and you made us bracelets so dad wouldn't get mad." She added as Letty traced her fingers over the bracelets on her hand.

"Alright, what else you know about me?" Letty asked getting Valentina to smile.

"About you? Everything. Like you once told me, I know you like the back of my hand." Valentina said getting Letty to sigh.

"I know that you hate being told what to do. Anything you want to do you go for it." Valentina said before removing herself from her car. "Everybody would say you got your courage from me..." She said shaking her head softly before coming to stand in front of Letty.

"But I think I'm the one that got my courage from you." Valentina said coming to stand face to face with her sister.

"Look, I don't know why you're here, but I really think you're over your head." Letty said getting Valentina to keep her eyes on her little sister.