𝟕𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

DECEMBER 2018

As Christmas was creeping up on the family, everyone was getting ready for the holiday. They decorated outside their homes with the kids as they were so excited for the holiday. Mia and Roger had managed to bring a huge news to the family, that they were expecting a baby. The news brought nothing but happiness to the group as they would soon have a new member in the family.

Brian would fly out to the black site where Valentina was kept. She was able to have visits, yet she refused. She didn't want to see anybody because she was afraid of how they would see her. She knew what she did was wrong, therefore she was just punishing herself by keeping them away.

Valentina's absence affected Jack, but with time and with the help of his uncles and aunties he was pushing through. Little Letty on the other hand, still had yet to talk about what happened in that room. Deep down inside she was scared of Valentina, and that Valentina knew.

With all the letters that the family had sent in the past four months Valentina was all caught up on what was going on outside the black site.

Valentina stood up from her bed and walked over to the desk she was given that was placed right in front of a small window. She sat down and placed some paper in front of her. She reached onto small cup on her desk and took a pen in hand.

Brian,

I know you've waited months for me to respond. I finally found the courage to talk to you all. I've seen the drawings that Jack has sent me, he gets better and better as the days go by. I saw the picture you sent me of the kids working on the cars. We all knew Letty was going to be just like her aunt, a lover for American muscle. Jack is more like us, import all the way. You know, I miss them, hopefully one day I get to return home and be there for them. Be there for you.

Which brings me to say, goodbye for now. I get released from this place in two weeks, I'm sure Mr. Nobody has informed you. But I ask that you stay home and not come. I can't go home just yet. I need time to be able to prepare myself to look at those that I have harmed.

I need time to able to look at Dom and not feel like he hates me for what I did to the mother of his child. Even though in his letters he tells me he doesn't hate me, deep down inside I know there's some sort of anger towards my actions. Because I hate myself for what I did in that room.

I need time to prepare myself to face my sister who I promised to protect with my life and ended up hurting. My actions towards her continue to haunt me. Her screams of pain as I tried to take her life wake me up in the middle of the night. Which is why I feel like four months isn't enough time to come home.

But most importantly, I need to be away for us and our family. I need to find myself and assure that I won't be of danger to our kids. That woman poisoned my mind so much that I lost track of who I was. I said things that aren't true.

Brian you are the best thing that could ever happen to me. You taught me that it's okay to love blindly in this world. You gave me a reason to fight when I felt like everything was taken from me the day I believed to have lost my sister. You helped me create two beautiful angels as a symbol of our love. You mean the world to me Brian.

I wish things didn't have to be this way, but it's for us that I am doing this. For our kids to be able to live without fear of the monster their mother was turned into. Hopefully you nor them will hate me for walking away. I know it's a coward thing to do, but I'm sorry. My fear of hurting you all again is making me walk away.

When the time is right, and I feel like I am no longer being controlled by the bug that was planted within in me, I will come home to you.

I love you, Brian.

Brian brought the letter down as silent tears fell down from his eyes. He placed the letter on the bed before taking a deep breath in and out.

"I love you, Valentina. And I will wait for you." He whispered with a small smile.

"Dad! It's time for the presents!" Little Letty called out from outside of her parents' room.

"I'm coming princess!" Brian called out before quickly wiping away his tears.

He put the letter back into the envelope. He got up from the bed and placed the letter into his nightstand. He walked into the bathroom and made sure to wipe away his tears and throw some water over his face. He then walked back out into his room and took notice of the picture on his nightstand.

"Merry Christmas, baby." Brian said looking over at the picture of him and Valentina on their wedding day.

" Brian said looking over at the picture of him and Valentina on their wedding day